2

"Alpha, we have a situation."

Cedric was in the middle of boxing the punching bag when his beta Conon mind linked him. Today was hard because tomorrow was harder. Tomorrow was the anniversary of his mate's death.

"What is it?" He was never in a good mood during January, he wasn't ever really in a good mood, to begin with.

Conon informed him that he had found an unconscious girl in the middle of the woods. Humans didn't come out this far, and if they had they were too drunk to remember how they had gotten there or how to find their way back to their campsite. Cedric didn't bother putting a shirt on as he took off towards Conon's scent.

There laid a girl with blue hair. So blue that it could be mistaken for the sky, and her skin, the clouds. She lay in the middle of the mossy forest floor, surrounded by shrubs and bushes, minor cuts littered her skin covered in bruises. The small point of her ears led him to believe that she was a wolf the same as him.

"She doesn't smell like a rogue."

Conon was right. She didn't have much of a scent at all. Cedric didn't trust rogues and Ashe was the reason for his distrust in them. Ashe.

"Let's take her to the pack healer, we'll figure out what to do with her when she wakes up and answers some questions."

Conon nodded and lifted the girl from the ground and the two men walked to their home, their pack.