6

A few months flew by, and Cedric's entire pack grew fond of Ovidia. They watched her slowly recover her memories. Last month they had her join the pack. The light that sparked in her eyes when he asked if she would like to join Moon Oasis was almost as heartwarming as the same gleam that was held in her eyes during the joining ceremony. His nightmares of Ashe had slowed since he'd gotten to know Ovidia. He found himself seeking her out to prevent the nightmares.

He felt guilty talking to her and growing to care for her. He felt like he was betraying Ashe. Until she came to him in a dream.

With long glittery hair, sapphire eyes, and glowing dark skin, Ashe rose from a pile of ashes. Like a phoenix, she stood. The ashes stuck to her body, turning into diamonds as she looked at me lovingly. Her hand outstretched for mine and I took it greedily. The wound on her side was gone, no war in sight.

"Is this real?" I called out.

She only smiled and led me through the woods until we came to the same mossy ground that my Beta found Ovidia.

"My approval isn't needed for you to move on." She held my face in her hands, whispering a name only she had called me.

Hot tears welled in my eyes and dripped slowly. She spoke softly about how there is more to tell, about how she was happy in the afterlife. Ashe placed one of the diamonds from her body into my hands. Ashe kissed my forehead.

He woke up that morning, grateful that this dream wasn't a nightmare. In his palm was the same diamond that Ashe had given him. It had been more than just a dream. It had been a message.

Cedric was sitting in the dining hall when Ovidia came and took a seat across from him. He studied her. Everything Conon learned about her, she came and told them both when she had the story put together. She trusted them with everything she had.

He was starting to feel more than just caring for her.