11

That evening Ovidia and Cedric spent the night touching and gripping. Kissing and biting. Choking and licking. They found unexplored things about one another, things they each liked. They traded hot breath and dripped sweat, though it went no further than touching, and neither of them minded.

And when morning came, they had already showered and feathered each other in kisses and laid under warm sheets and a furred duvet. Their bodies were bare, and their limbs tangled. As they woke, the sun hit the white sheets and warmed them further. "Good morning." They said to the other, laughing when their sentences sounded at the same time. To Cedric, Ovidia's laugh was better than air itself, because when she laughed, his breath was stolen, and air ceased to exist.

To Ovidia, his laugh was a melody she wished would never end. One she would listen to on a never-ending loop. It brought a cordial smile to her lips, a smile that crinkled the skin around her eyes. Ovidia had Cedric under a spell she wasn't aware she had cast. Cedric knew how deeply he felt for her. He didn't care how far he sunk, not as long as it was her. He didn't care if he drowned. He didn't care if it filled up his lungs like rocks and tossed him into the sea like a forgotten sailor.

They laid in her bed for long, until the birds stopped their morning song, and the chatter downstairs grew louder. It was closer to lunch than it was to breakfast. Finding some sense of self, the two lovers stood from the bed and dressed, leaving the room altogether to find something to eat, if it hadn't all been devoured by the empty pit stomachs of teen boys. Luckily enough for the late risers, there was some brunch displayed among many silver and gold platters in the dining hall, with berries, meats, and pieces of bread.

The Alpha and future Luna sat with some of the lingering wolves, not at the head of the table, but amongst them. Cedric piled more food onto Ovidia's plate when he had seen how little she had gotten herself. Ninety -eight years under earth would do that to one's appetite. Even so, Ovidia smiled to herself, knowing he cared. She wouldn't be able to eat all of it, but she would eat until she was full.

So, she did, nearly until she felt like she was a stuffed animal with the cotton pushing past the seams. Her plate was not half gone. Cedric was mildly upset that she could barely eat a full meal still, and so it would not go to waste, he finished it himself. As a male wolf, especially an Alpha, he had an appetite of a hundred men.

For the weeks after that their days were spent much like this: spending the early morning in the other's presence, going down to eat a late breakfast, and after, they would go up to his office and he would get work done, showing her the ropes of ruling a pack. With a Luna's help, her help, he didn't get as behind as before. Then after hours of paperwork, they would take a walk in the garden, then they would visit with some of their chosen family.

Things were peaceful. Calm. Good. And they should have known better.