19

Their day was busy indeed. The four walls held no other sound than that of fingertips pressing against keypads and a pen scribbling on paper. Ovidia was finally starting to comprehend all of the work that needed to be done once she was officially luna of The Moon Oasis. She was managing their finances, seeing where the most money was going. She had never been horrible at math but the numbers were starting to blur and lift up from the screen. With a heavy sigh, she spun around in her pink swivel chair to look out of the window placed behind them.

The bright sun warmed her flesh, the blue undertone really popping. Cedric placed his pen down, turning to look at his fiancee, his future wife. "Let's take a snack break, yeah?"

Cedric knew the way to Ovidia's heart, and that was through her stomach. She spun around, still in her chair as she nodded vigorously. The pair left the confining room of their office and into the small kitchen on his floor. Ovidia wouldn't admit it, but she enjoyed having an entire floor to themselves. No distractions, no disturbances. Just the two of them.

She loved her new family, but quality time with her mate was hard to come by when it wasn't in the office or when they went to sleep. She had her back to the counter, elbows resting on it as she watched Cedric dig around in the fridge.

He emerged with vanilla and strawberry ice cream before he went into the cabinet to grab the family-sized Oreos. And as Ovidia turned to get two bowls, Cedric shook his head as he smiled widely, grabbing two spoons instead.

This made her eyes go wide as pure joy filled her being. For thirty minutes the two sat there and stuffed their faces full of ice cream and cookies as they giggled at jokes and stories that they told one another.

"And then, I slipped! Tray of food flying up and falling right onto my face!" Cedric was turning red with the lack of oxygen as he told his tale of the time he had tried out a human high school.

Ovidia snorted, ice cream shooting out of her nostrils as she burst out laughing and simultaneously crying as Cedric desperately tried to wipe off his mate's face, however failing to do so as his body shook with laughter.

Once they had calmed down they cleaned up the mess they had made and went back to their office. As they sat down they looked at one another, falling into another fit of giggles over the nonsensical moment they'd just shared. With reluctance, they went back to work. Both with a wide toothy smile resting on their love-stricken faces.

Things had been going smoothly for them as they started their lives together, all was well in Moon Oasis. Kids were tucked away in soft beds, flowers blooming in gardens, the air breezy, and the sun warm. And soon the Luna ceremony would be held.