4

Cedric and Conon had spent all yesterday and today spitting questions at Ovidia about who she was and where she came from. Though they ended up with more questions than they had started with. Their wolves sensed the honesty and sincerity of Ovidia, sensed that she wasn't a threat to the pack.

Ovidia needed more healing, but Birtie permitted her to sleep in a room with an actual bed. Cedric picked one just a floor below his living quarters and down the hall from Conon's room.

Conon would be in charge of looking after her and trying to figure out more about who she was.

"Here are some of my old clothes, they should be enough for the week. They might be a bit big."

Ovidia took the stack of clothes from Conon and put them in the dresser in her new room. She thanked him and he left her to herself. There were three doors in her room. One to enter, one to the walk-in closet, and one that led to a bathroom.  She could use a shower. She couldn't remember the last time she took one. She couldn't remember the last time she did much of anything or how she even got into the forest.

She knew but a few things about herself. For starters, she knew her name, she knew she was a werewolf, and that she was about a hundred years old. Which, from what she recalled wasn't very old for wolves. There was something else about soulmates?

Ovidia took a warm shower using the products already placed in the shower and a clean rag from the cabinet above the toilet. She took a long, much-needed shower, and exited the bathroom straight into her room.  She took out some of the clothes that the beta of this pack had given her. And he was right, they were too big, though she wasn't going to complain. The shirt was loose and fell to her thighs, he had given her boxers that were also loose until she rolled them, and sweatpants that she had pulled the drawstrings as tight as she could. It seemed Conon's favorite color was black. That was until Ovidia walked down the steps -like the Alpha had shown her- into a hallway that led to a common room.

"Maybe the pack has a uniform color?"  Her wolf whispered though Ovidia was the only one who could hear him. Dario was his name. Piece by piece she was uncovering the locked parts of her brain.

The chattering of the moon oasis pack quieted but never stopped as she stepped out of the hall into the massive common room, though it wasn't big enough for the entire pack. Some openly stared at her while others were more discreet and curious. Conon stepped out of the crowd and greeted her.

"I'm glad the clothes fit, when you're done throw them in the hamper and set it outside your door." Conon had his hand on her back, guiding her through the wave of people, introducing her to a few of them, one of them being his mate, Maggie she was called. She had pretty blonde hair and green eyes. Her face had beauty spots that she thought matched the name. She was stunning and Ovidia thought that she was lovely.

Maggie seemed shy and friendly. Ovidia was also thankful that she wasn't upset for borrowing her mate's clothes.

She remembered a girl being jealous. There was no face in this memory, only a feeling.

There were twins that Conon introduced her to, Louis with platinum hair and Leon with brown hair. They reminded her of something. Someone? She thought of a show. A very old show, from when Ovidia was younger.

Maggie reminded her of someone too, that was once in her life. Ovidia was beginning to form a headache. She tugged on Conon's sleeve, telling him something was wrong, and she needed to sit down. He and Maggie took her to a commodious dining hall and helped her sit in a chair.

Ovidia laid her face on the cool wooden table, her cheek pressing against it. Her eyes were shut tight as her entire head throbbed like strobing lights.