20

"Hm, I like the wisteria flowers best." Ovidia decided as she looked at the samples one of her pack members showed her. She was picking out decorations for her Luna ceremony.

Which she had come to realize was a lot like preparing for a wedding. Both of which were held in the temple for the Moon Goddess Morgana. Every pack had one for those who chose to worship her. That was something werewolves and humans shared in common.

Ovidia tasted a piece of cake that had been thrust into her hands, strawberry marble cheesecake. "This one." she nodded as she ate it. When the woman tried to take the plate away Ovidia held it tighter. "I'll finish this, thank you."

The woman smiled as she shook her head and left. The pack grounds were filled with people buzzing around. Most carry many things for their future Luna to taste, wear, and pick between. Chatter filled the outside air, a lot of it gossip, the rest, orders.

She fell back into a chair that had been randomly placed there, she sighed, shoving another piece of cheesecake into her mouth. Eyes closed she enjoyed the slice of sweet goodness. 

"Enjoying that?" Leon had asked. She'd stop going to training as frequently as more Luna responsibilities began to pile up. Time management was something she hadn't figured out, despite being over a century old.

"Yes, very much."

Leon snickered at her, taking the plate and running away with the last two bites; however, she was too exhausted to chase after him.

Many hours later the woman finally had everything sorted, she'd leave the paperwork for tomorrow. She felt sorer than she did when she had first started training under Gilroy.

She flopped into bed, too tired to eat or shower after such a long day. Her dress had been sketched and now she just had to wait for it to be made.

Cedric walked into the room, he too flopped onto the bed. He had a long day of paperwork and training. At Every Luna ceremony, the Alpha would perform their swordsmanship in full armor. It was a dance of sorts. Almost like they were courting their Luna.

"Long day?" They said in sync. They nodded at each other with a short laugh escaping both of their mouths.

"I think I ate enough cake for the next three years," Ovidia mumbled into the mattress.

Cedric gave a lazy smile at her; his fingers brushed the hair away from her eyes. She grabbed onto his hand, and they stayed like that until they fell asleep fully clothed with their feet hanging off the edge of the bed, laces only half undone.