3

Half the week went by, and the girl had yet to wake up, the clothes she had been found in were tattered with no pockets to hold any belongings. She was nameless with no details about her life. Cedric seemed to be gaining interest in her identity. She looked nothing like Ashe yet she reminded him of when he and Ashe were younger. Before the war, right after they had become mates.

So peaceful looking.

Ashe's celebration was as beautiful as it always had been, though no garden light could outshine her.

Cedric stood from the chair to leave the hospital room that the forest girl was situated in when he heard her heartbeat rise. Cedric turned to look at her. Her fingertips twitched and then her eyes opened to the dull light that Birtie kept in the rooms.

Forest girl glanced around the room, taking in the minimum number of details. The room was mostly bare besides a few paintings, two plants, and the night table next to the bed she lay in. The walls were a pale green, a faint resemblance to emerald. She turned her dark brown eyes to study him before she parted her lips to speak. Her throat was dry, and her voice was hoarse.

Cedric handed her the bottled water that was sitting at the bedside, and she took it gratefully. She chugged the entire thing before she could muster the strength to talk again. she had two questions for him, reasonable ones and similar to the ones he had for her once she could speak more than just a few words at a time.

"I am Alpha Cedric Wolfe of The Moon Oasis pack. And you are in the infirmary."

Cedric asked for her name, and she paused, thinking seemingly long and hard about something that should be simple and quick to answer but he gave her time.

"Ovidia."

He liked her name; it wasn't one he had heard before.