stay calm (finale)

I open my eyes, gasping, I sat straight up in bed.

"Toko! You're crying, are you okay?"

I wipe my eyes, wet tears now smeared on my face and hands.

"I'm not dead?"

"Dead?! What the hell are you talking about? You just took a nap, are you alright, seriously? You would tell me if something was wrong, right?"

Komaru stared at me, completely and utterly shocked. I feel horrible. 

"I'm alright, j-just a bad dream."

"You're stuttering. You only really do that when you're nervous. What even happened in your dream?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me, please. This is serious."

"I was dead and they took me to some place called "The Good Place", that's all."

"That's all?! You were dead!"

"No I wasn't, it was just a dream, you're overreacting."

Before I knew it, there was a nurse knocking on the door.

"Hello, I'm nurse Violet. I'm just here to run some tests."

Oh god... this happened in my dream. But, there were doctors and when they run the tests they found out terrible news. What if it's the same? What if I predicted the future in my dream? Oh, god, please, I don't want to leave Komaru alone.

"Toko!" Komaru put her hand on my arm.

Huh? Did I do something? I look at my hands, they're trembling, in fact my whole body was shaking, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

"Miss Fukawa, if you need a moment to breathe before I continue with the tests, please let me know. Or I could get the doctors if you're having a panic attack."

"Get the doctors, please. She's having one." Komaru begged.

"I'm f-fine, Omaru."

Komaru looked at me with teary eyes and just hugged me.

"I don't know what's wrong, but I want to help you." Komaru said between sobs. "Please, Toko, tell me what's going on with you."

"This happened in my dream"

"What? What happened?"

"The doctors came in to do tests, and then they told me there was something terribly wrong."

Komarus face went cold. Just looking at her, I could feel the blood drain from mine, too.

"I won't let that happen." Komaru grabbed my face and kissed me. 

It was wonderful, and as much as I would love to just kiss her forever, I heard the doctors footsteps approaching, so I quickly broke the kiss, and wiped my lips. Komaru did the same. I still felt shaky, so I guess it's good the doctors came.

"Hello, Fukawa. We heard you were having a panic attack, is everything alright?

"I'm doing a bit better than I was before."

"That's fantastic to hear! Would you like to do some exercises to calm down a bit?"

"Sure."

We did some exercises. Like counting,  listening to music, textures and observing things, they even gave me a stuffed animal. 

(A/N: I've literally never had a panic attack in a hospital so once again please just bare with me if none of this is accurate)

The nurse came back in when I was more calm, she started running her tests.

"Alright, I'm all done! Everything seems to be fine."

"Thank you so much!" Komaru's grin was so wide.

Komaru gave me the biggest hug when the nurse left.

"I'm so happy you're okay!"

I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged her back. Komaru started showering me with kisses, she's so adorable, it leaves me speechless. 

"I love you so much" Komaru looked at me with puppy-dog eyes and the sweetest smile.

"I love you too."

We got to go home later that day, and everything just kinda went back to normal. I got a whole lot better mentally, thanks to Omaru. And that's it. That's the end of everything crazy, or at least I hope so.

(594 words- you guys probably thought I gave up on this, I almost did, but I figured I needed to end it. I hope you all enjoyed! Maybe I'll make another story or continuation of this in the future, but for now I want to focus on school and theatre. Love you guys and tysm for reading <333)