"The slow and steady recovery."

(If music doesnt appear for you oh well-)
Espressos Pov

I woke up in a strange hallway, cookies speaking around me, I felt as if I was being carried, the faint light from the ceiling hurt my eyes to look at, but I turned and saw Madeliene.

Madeliene wasn't looking at me, but was speaking to someone.

Soon, we were in a room. I began to realise it was a hospital.

Machines were hooked to me, and I had bloody bandadges everywhere.

I looked stupid and weak at this point, but when we entered Madeliene noticed I was awake.

————

"Essy!" Madeliene gasped.

"You're awake!" He cried with joy.

Espresso had no clue what this was, and why he was here, but all he knew is he was in a hospital and looked stupid.

"I look fucking stupid." Espresso muttered.

Madeliene smiled, chuckling a bit while still crying.

"Well, stupid looking or not you're awa-!"

Espresso felt numb in his hand, he couldn't feel it, his vision went blurry and he blacked out.

When he woke up once again, Madeliene was crying even harder, sitting on a chair near him.

———

Espresso POV again.

I woke up once again, even more machines near me, I heard slow beeps from one side, and talking at the other.

I feel someone grab my hand, once again it was Madeline.

"Essy, this is the second time you passed out.." Madeliene muttered.

I mumble things to myself and shut my eyes. I hear madeliene continuing to talk.

"It's already night, Essy, I reckon I should go. If you need me just ask one of the nurses." He smiled.

I nod, and turn away as he lets go of my hand.

"When it's daytime i'll visit you.. But latte is gonna be here too, don't worry." He adds.

I nod once more.

——

A couple hours later on.

——

I hear a knock, and the door opening, it wasn't a man I knew, it wasn't any of the staff thats for sure.

He goes to my bedside and says something to me, he looked like Madeliene, an obvious fake copy of him.

"Hey, esso, (not essy <3) it's me.. Madeliene.."

I grunt, I turn to face him as the fake continues to blab on.

"I'm not that fucking dumb, first of all it's Essy, get that right, and you barely look like him."

I scowl.

They flinch back from the sudden unexpected attitude.

"Fuck it, i'm leaving."

(lmao two minutes wasted)

———-

In the morning, Madeliene comes to visit me again with Latte.

Latte puts down flowers and a card next to a lamp on my nightstand, and I thank her.

She kneels down beside me and Madeliene sits down on the chair.

She begins to talk to me, and when all that's done she wishes me a safe recovery and leaves.

Then, Madeliene kneels down next to me instead.

"Essy, is this my fault..?"
He frowned.

I turn to face him.

"It's not, it's mine you dumbass. If I stayed I wouldn't have gotten into this mess-!"

Madeliene couldn't help but chuckle. "The attitude never changes, that's what I love about you."

I can't help but smile, I shuffle closer slightly, and he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Well, essy. I do hope you are better, and the divine shall watch over you!" He says in triumph, and to ease the mood.