"A balanced strength"

Espressos POV

As the midnight rain settled in, I begin to shelter under a tree that was near a dull cave, covered with vines.

I shiver, I forgot to bring a damn blanket.

I sigh, it's alright. Just simply until everyone thinks i'm not even a cookie, i'll go back!

Yes, that's right..

He notices a scratch in his arm, it was bleeding and it stung heavily, it was painful. Too painful.

He closed his eyes tightly and ripped a piece of his cape off and wrapped it around the wound.

He screamed for awhile as it got more painful.

He began to tremble. It was too painful for him to handle.

Madelienes POV

Espresso still isn't here, what's going on?

I suddenly hear latte barge in.

"Latte! Wheres Espresso?" I sound desperate.

"Espresso, he.. he left the kingdom grounds. He ventured off into the woods, he said he wouldn't be coming back!" Latte began to cry.

I feel stunned, she begins to hug me like a good friend, feeling how I felt since Espresso was her sibling.

"Don't worry Madeliene, i'm sure they were.. joking..?" She attempts to soothe.

I nod, still crying.

——————————————————

Thunder crackled overhead, near the tree Espresso was at, he shrieked.

He began to shiver. Perhaps he was wrong.

Maybe he should've stayed.

He began to cry, he honestly regretted it but it was for the better, he was unhappy.

But.. now he was.. extra, extra unhappy.. And.. upset?

Espresso was honestly starving, he forgot to eat but he just attempted to motivate himself.

"I can last.. It's nothing that I can't handle!"

Espresso stared at his hands, he saw dirt, lots of it.

His thirst and hunger was bothering him.

"ESPRESSO, CALM YOURSELF, STOP BEING DRAMATIC! ITS ONLY SOME THIRST AND HUNGER!"

He yelled to himself.

He began to sob in his knees, this wasn't what he imagined at all.

Nothing, not like this.

He turned and smacked his head against the tree, causing it to bleed.

With every hit he said:

"STOP"

"CRYING"

"YOU"

"STUPID"

"AND"

"IGNORANT"

"COOKIE!"

Before he knew it, there was a big gash on his forehead, he felt dizzy, weak and easy to attack at this moment.

He saw a silhouette of a cookie, yelling.

The yelling was muffled as he passed to the ground, completely unconscious.