Chapter 1 | "Moving Day"

(guys, Ik his name isn't Keith, It makes it easier to call him that)

~ POV - Keith ~
"Be safe! And don't do drugs, Don't drink, and don't-"
"Mom, i'll be fine!.. Cherry is gonna help me get through this all!" I gave my mom a bright confirming smile and picked up the last box. "I love you, hun.. Good luck with you and your friend." she gave me a long hug. "I love you, too, mom.."

"Dude, are you coming or not?" Cherry asked.

"Oh! Yeah! Bye mom!!" I said, carrying the box out. "Bye hun!!"

I placed the box in the backseat and climbed into Cherry's car. She climbed into the driver's seat and nudged me. "Finally outta the bird's nest, ey?" she smirked.

"Yeah, it's a little... Exhilarating!.." I breathed.

"Tell me about it, I was so happy to be out of my parent's house! Of course, you got a lot to learn now." she said. "Oh by the way, remember, Pico still lives with me, so you still okay with dealing with him?" she reminded me.

I was confused for a moment, but then was reminded. "oooohhh. Yeah, sure. I just need a place to live. Is he like a bad roommate or something?" I asked.

"Not really.. But he owns.. A lot.. A lot of guns. And is really loud particularly at 4 a.m." she said to me. "you sure you're okay with him?"

"Yep! It'll be fine!"
I smiled.

"Whatever you say, man.."

~

Eventually, I was done unpacking. Cherry said she had gone to her friend, Carol's house to watch Hamilton again, and told me Pico would be home in a bit.

I finished making my bed and went in the kitchen to get a snack. Calmly, I began making one of my favorites, Pb&j, and smeared the jelly on the bread.

Suddenly, I hear a soft sound.

Chkk-chkk

I turned around, confused on what that may be-
Oh my god it's a gun.

"The fuck you doing in my apartment."

That was no question, it was a statement.

An orange haired man was pointing a gun at my skull. "Bitch, answer me!" he hissed.

"I- K-Keith is my n-name..! Please don't shoot me!" I whimpered.
"..Oh, so you're the blueberry living in our quarters now. I'm Pico." Pico clipped his gun back on his pocket.

"Nice-ish to meet you?.." I mumbled.

"Here are the rules: stay out of my room, don't touch my guns because they are all loaded, and don't insult Nene or Darnell when they come over. They'll fuck you up and I won't stop them."

"I- well.. That's.. Concerning.." I began.

"Anyways, knock on my door if you need me. I won't answer though." he opened the fridge and grabbed an uncrustable and a zero ultra monster energy, and walked off.

Well, this was gonna be an experience.