Chapter 3 | "Flapjacks"

~ Pov - Keith ~

I lifted up my hat, blushing lightly. I was frozen for a moment. My heart fluttered. "Beep!" I quietly chirped, running off to my room.

I sat there, red and hot on my bed, still not completely processing he had called my beeps cute.

"I'm hooome! Pico you didn't kill Keith, right?.."

No answer.

I came out of my room and rubbed my arm. "Oh thank goodness, you're alright!.." Cherry hugged me. "I'm better than alright!-well... I'm not sure about Pico though.."
"Oh yeah? How come?"

"Well um.."
I suddenly heard the sound of one of Pico's guns being loaded.

"I don't think Pico wants me to talk about it.." I said quietly. "Oh, I see.. Well, no matter, i'm about to make some pancakes. Want some?" Cherry asked.

"Yes please!!" I smiled excitedly. I sat down at the table, bouncing excitedly as Cherry began to cook.

"Pico! I'm making pancakes!" she called, setting down a fresh plate of 2 pancakes in front of me. She lightly poured syrup on my plate.

Pico came out of his room, rubbing his face like he was tired. "Pancakes?" he held his arms.

She handed him a plate of 4 pancakes and syrup. "Yes. Pancakes. Now sit down."

He yawned and sat down. I calmly began eating for a moment, then looked over to see Pico picking up the pancakes and biting into them with his bare hands.

"..won't your hands get sticky??" I asked.
"Yeah. And?"
"How do you live with sticky hands?!"
"All the time. Just depends on whats making them sticky." He gave an evil smirk

"Pico, you're the grossest sometimes.." Cherry exhaled.
"What, is he eating honey, too?" I asked.

"It's better if you don't know, Keith.. Don't ruin the poor kid, Pico." Cherry spoke. "Alright alright, fine..!" he bit into another pancake. "Anyways, ignoring Pico being the absolute grossest, theres this party at Tabi's house, do you guys wanna come with me?"

"Sure. Sounds cool." Pico replied.
"Only if Pico washes his hands." I crossed my arms.

"Okay Blueberry, if you're so insistant about it." he rolled his eyes and finished his pancakes. I was barely finished with my first!..

I continued eating. "Good. Weirdo." I called him. "Oh i'm weird? You're the one who beeps at spiders!" he nudged me.

"You're the one who said my beeps were cute!~-" I began
"SHUT UP!! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!" He yelled.

"No way, did you really Pico?" Cherry laughed a little. Pico was a bit red in the face. "NO!" his voice cracked into a bit of a mechanical-robot like noise but he ignored it, and changed it quickly.

I smirked. "Okay okay, I won't say it anymore, promise!" I said. "Good. I was gonna load a bullet on your ass if you said it again."

"I'll take that as a joke.." I mumbled. "Eh, sure." He walked off and into his room.

"..Your guys's shower works, right?.." I asked.

She nodded. "Yes of course it works!" she told me. I breathed, heading off to go shower.