Chapter 2 | "Kitchen Spider"

~ Pov - Pico ~

I laid on my back, munching on my uncrustable. Why would Cherry bring a new dude to live with us? I bit into the top of my food and swallowed, and drank a gutload of my monster energy.

I exhaled, looking at the ceiling. "..hm. Maybe he.. Won't be a jerk." I shrugged. "or maybe he'll annoy the shit out of me."

My heart jumped when I heard a loud "BEEP!-" from the kitchen.

I dropped my sandwich and walked down the hall with caution. As I entered the kitchen, I expected something absolutely horrible.

I look up to see Keith on the counter and a brown house spider on the floor.

I began to laugh a little "Did you make that noise?" I laughed. "It.. Scared me.." he muttered. "It's just an itty bitty spider." I said. "Well kill it!! Please!" he whimpered.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a cup. I placed a paper under it, and carried it outside. I put it on one of the hanging house plants outside. "Sorry spider dude, if I don't get rent money, then you can't live here."

The spider scurried behind the fern in the planter, and hid.

I came back inside and looked at Keith.
"Is.. Is it gone?" he asked.

I gave a devious smirk and opened the cup, pretending to throw the non-existant spider at him.
"AH IT'S GONNA GET YOU!"

"BEEP!" He squeaked out, falling off of the counter.

I busted out laughing. "I'm joking i'm joking! It's outside! Ha!" I smiled. "Not funny!" he stood up.
"Yes it is! That beep thing is so cute and funny, i'm sorry!" I laughed.
"..You think i'm cute?" he asked, a blush on his cheeks.

I flushed, realising what I said.
"..You think my beeps are cute!" he said again.
"I- No I don't!! Shut up!" I grabbed his hat and shoved it over his eyes.

"Gah! I can't see!" he fumbled with his hat, trying to lift it up.

I ran off to my room and slammed the door.

A quick few breaths passed by and I laid on my bed. "Ph.. I don't think his beeps are cute... Do I?" I asked myself.

Of course not!...
...But then why did you say it?
I said it on mistake!
Was it really a mistake?
YES!
You're in denial.
I'm not in denial!
You are, just like when you were diagnosed with PTSD!-
WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT!

I held my head. "This isn't working!... I'm sleeping this off..." I mumbled.
I closed my eyes and sank my face into my pillow, slowly falling to sleep's hands.