Chapter 4 | "No Defiance"

hEEYYY HAPPY NEW YEAR
im so late but idc
it seems some of you have become emotionally dependant on this book so

I shall PERSERVERE AND KEEP WRITING

..idk if I spelled that right.

~ Pov - Pico ~

Keith walked up to my door and knocked. "Picoo.." He murmured. "What do you want." he crossed his arms as the door opened. "I wanted to ask if you had another sweater or hoodie I could borrow.."

I blushed a little but quickly covered my face.

"I can go ask Cherry if-"
"No it's fine-" I blurted. "..Here"

I gave him a green hoodie, trying to rub the blush off my face. "Oh, thanks Pico! I'll return it to you when my blue one's finally washed.." he smiled brighyly at me, causing my heart to flutter. "Whatever.." I murmured.

Keith left the room leaving me in peace once again leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Yeah, nevermind, not doing that again.

Instead, I listened through the thin walls to the conversation he was having with Cherry while I began getting dressed for the party Tabi was hosting.

"You're going in Pico's Hoodie? Don't you wanna wear a tee or something flexible?"
"..well, I was cold.. And I didn't wanna go wash my only hoodie.. And plus, it doesn't smell half bad." Keith said.

"..And he willingly gave it to you?"

"Yep. He didn't scream or anything. Yknow I like it when hes like that. Just like a friend."
"I've been roommates with him and it's been a year, I don't even think he likes me." Cherry answered.

"Well, at least he didn't try throwing a fake spider at you." he laughed. "He's thrown a real centipede on me before, though." she smirked.

"...I think i'd lose my soul if any bug was on me."

I walked out of my room, dressed in jeans and a black sweater. Keith stuttered a little, seeing Pico. "What, Blueberry, got a problem?" I asked.

"N-No no! It's j-just y..you-"

"full words please."

"Y-you look- i-"
"No time to stutter, we'd better get going before they're out of good drinks!" She grabbed Keith's arm and opened the door, rushing outside to the apartment stairs.

"Wait for me!" I called, running after them.

~

SORRY THIS WAS SHORT
IM UPDATING REAL SOON, I JUST WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU GUYS