xxvii. battle of hogwarts part 3

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN:

BATTLE OF HOGWARTS (Part three)

★ ★ ★

Aurora sped down the marble staircase, alone and disliking the loudness of the whispers floating in the back of her head.               

         As she left McGonagall, she hoped this would be the last time she was here for a long time. Seeing McGonagall turned her stomach a bit in both a good and bad way: she was over the moon to see her but now she felt like bursting into tears about seeing the woman. Especially when she made it clear she knew something was wrong.

                  The sound of shattering caused the girl to look down the end of the hallway as a pillar came crashing through the glass window.

           It was one of the ones from outside the castle gates meaning there most have been more death eaters in the courtyard and the sealed spell protecting the castle was closed. She stepped over the Slytherin hourglass that had recorded House points and dodged the running students coming her way.

             Two bodies fell from the balcony over head when she passed the Great Hall. There were torn up portraits set on fire, and she could see the carcasses of many cats and other house pets. She could barely make out where she was going, the smoke coming from every single entrance was overpowering.

                     A familiar black head of hair came running around the corner, followed by a severally large group of people chasing after him. She squinted her eyes and watched the crowd of people chasing after him.

                    "Avada Kedavra!" Shouted a masked figure throwing the spell at the running figure.

             The running figure blasted a spell at one of the portraits and managed to knock it down, causing a little bit of stress for the death eaters chasing him.

                      "That's her!" Shouted one of them and she pulled Louis behind her.

                     Aurora had the quick instinct of throwing her hands upwards as a green spark followed by two loud words were thrown their way. Like the time she saved Sirius, she watched as the green spark contacted a few centimetres away from her palm, she extended it and she spell bounced back. This time the spell reflected and flew it the opposite direction, the same direction it had been thrown at her in and hit the man who aimed the spell at her. The people behind all threw the spells and Aurora blasted them away with her hand, forming a shield around herself and Louis.

              There were so many of them that Aurora almost frozen, there was so many defensive spells and things she had learned to defend herself but when it came to actually doing them, she hadn't really practiced as much as she let on. The spells she learnt, like the ones of blowing up things and people, she couldn't exactly try them out in Merlen. She knew spells, she knew how to defend herself (against certain people) but for a split second she hesi-tated at the number of faces staring at her.