| 2 | The Realization of Despair

CRACK

The ground shook..

CRACK

A young girl falls from a breaking roof.

CRASH

Falling for what felt like forever

crash

Onto something sharp

snap

Feeling cold for a second...

silence 

just a second..

silence

And suddenly--

she felt warm again.

...

...

...

Casita was gone.

Their home, their lives, their powers, it was all gone. Their family's home for over 50 years, was completely destroyed.. Generations have lived in this house and those generations just watched it crumble. It was but a husk of what it used to be, not a single breath of life was left in this house, not one ounce of hope.

The happiness in their home was completely stripped away from them with an explanation given by a forgettable girl.

The shock of the situation was unimaginable, so many details of their town were put on a pedestal now. One look around, one crack could reveal so much. The mountains were completely cracked in half, like an egg, the yolk spills out. A huge prevalent gap in the ground leading to casita. Could such an argument seriously lead to all this?

It was more than just an argument. It was decades of pent up anger and trauma that finally let loose. Years of a pattern desperate to be broken. It was a breaking family that led to an ultimate demise. The colour was drained from everyones faces as they watched what was their home become nothing.

Mirabel is coated in sand and rubble. Her hair and clothes are completely dirty with dust and the remnants of her house. She is practically painted grey with rocks. Her shirt began to slowly soak into a crimson, red colour. The scratches and scrapes on her face, elbows, ankles and knees were painful. Mirabel slowly looks around her, too tired to panic. The bags under her drowsy eyes represent how drained she truly felt.

She was worn out.

Her thoughts were quickly cut off by a sharp pain on her abdomen. The girl was too weak, yet she looked anyway. Mirabel Madrigal finally noticed the liquid dripping onto the floor... In a calm whisper she asked herself out loud- unsure..

"Is that blood..?"

Mirabel slowly looks towards the candle and slowly places it down next to her.

The candle is completely void of any life it once had. She always felt that the candle and the Casita were their own person, they were another person in her life. They watched her grow up. She was sometimes mad at them because she never received a gift but she always managed to forgive them in the end. Now that casita was gone.. she just felt lonely. Her family shattered and so did the miracle, what else did she have? It was all over.. There was nothing she could do anymore. The fifteen year old girl had done all she possibly could, and now, she was left with the feeling of never ending loneliness.

When Casita fell, so did hundreds of treasured memories. Pieces of the house were scattered everywhere, bits of their doors, their lives, their photos, their memories. Photos were under huge piles of rubble, glass from photo frames were everywhere, pictures were ripped and destroyed. Dead and wilted flowers laid around the house.