When cat and fish meet

Mutsuki’s patrol went without interruptions. 

“The sky is blue, and the water too, and no candy did escape me too.”  sang Mutsuki as she walked across her deck.

Cleveland could only smile at that.

*I know you find her cute but you still need to question her out. Oh and I’m not removing the tentacle, no matter how long you chew on it. You could make us noticable and we don’t want that yet.*

Cleveland could only grumble to herself as her throat was still clogged up from Alpha using “her” tentacle to do it. How she had no trouble breathing, or was breathing at all, was unknown to her but she didn’t dare nor care to ask.

"Oh patrol is almost done." Said Mutsuki and maneuvered the ship to the right.

*Ok I think right about now is a good time.*

Cleveland could agree with Observer there, even though not openly. Approaching a patrol at the end of its duty, or after it has finished the patrol, is often better because they avoided their search since they are in friendly waters.

She was about to jump down and walk over to Mutsuki but a *Wait a second.* from Observer stopped her. On her minimap a dot appeared, green this time.

*That's a fishing boat. What’s it doing out here?* 

Cleveland still couldn’t respond so just shrug. Mutsuki seemed to get the same response on her radar as she looked in the same direction.

“Something is out there. I hope it’s no siren. I always fall asleep when they show up.” mumbled Mutsuki although Cleveland could still hear her clearly. It was as if she stood next to her.

Cleveland helt her ears close to see if she was wrong but despite finding that they were slightly longer she found nothing wrong with them.

*Yeah you hear better if you want to ask. And yes they are a bit different.*

Cleveland sighted again and looked at Mutsuki who seemed to act weird.

She was shuffling around and generally looked unwell. 

“Please no siren, please no siren.” She repeated continuingly. “I don’t want to wake up in that red stuff again. What even is it? Wales says we play messy but no matter how hard I scrub it's so hard to get out.”

Clevelands was confused and tried to shuffle closer and ask what she meant but she still couldn’t talk.

*Would you stop, you might reveal us!*

Mutsuki put her hand to her ear and activated the comms. “Vessel, please drift off there might be sirens in the area.”

Cleveland was kind of pained that she didn’t get who Mustuki was talking to but suddenly she heard it as if she was in the comms herself.

*I patched us into the line. They won’t know that we are in but don’t talk, you would reveal us.*

Cleveland nodded and listened. 

“This is a small fishing boat, we don’t pose a threat, we need the fish.” answered the little boat. It sounded like children were on it.

Mutsuki shook her head. “No. They haven’t spotted you yet. The seas are still safe.”

“We can’t. We need the fish. Please just spare us. We won’t cause trouble.” came the scared voice of a little girl that made Clevelands heart ache.

“I don’t want to fight you. I want you to be safe.” argued Mutsuki. Cleveland just listened.

“You are a shipgirl, we won’t listen to you.” came a clearly scared but brave sounding male voice.