Part 11

*KATES POV*

Me and pete where talking until Fridays voice comes through the speaker "mr romanoff, a police officer is here to speak to you, I suggest you suit up" Pete goes to our room (yelena has kates room so his room is now theirs) and comes back on with his new suit "Fri, send them up" he says as the doors open and out comes a police officer "spider man, captain yuri watanabe, NYPD" she says outstretching her arm for him to shake "nice to meet you, how can I help?" he says as they shake hands as I stand their with a cup of coffee in my hand "hi I'm Kate" I say awkwardly before sipping my drink "I was recently informed by one of my men that our data was erased early this morning and none of us know how to recover the data, so I need you to come in and fix it" she says as Bruce comes in the room "oh sorry, ignore me" he says sitting down and scrolling on a tablet "actually could you do us a favour, can you hack into the police security systems and see why their data is missing" I say as he exits the tab he was on and acceses the security systems "which precinct?" he says flipping the tablet over so we could all see "all of them" she says as he taps on the screen a few times "it seems to be a wiring issue, go to the main hub which is located in the sewers and fix them" he says before going back to what he was doing before. Yuri exits the building leaving me, Bruce and pete in the room "I'll get my stuff on and we can head to the sewers" I say going to our room and grabbing my things.

*PETERS POV*

I lower us from a Web down to a manhole cover beside the precinct "you have a torch right?" I say as Kate descends the ladder "I have one literally built into my lenses" I say flipping into the manhole cover with kate behind me, I send out my drone from my chest and send it to scan for any life signs, we sneak through the never ending tunnels before coming across a bunch of guys who are unconscious with a red energy swirling around them "you know what this stuff is?" Kate says crouching down to see the red energy "I had a freind, she was like a sister to me, she had similar powers but I thought she left 3 years ago" my drone lands back in my chest and reveals a exhausted and distressed life form above us "there's someone above us" I say as Kate pulls out an arrow and readies herself, we sneak up and see a red figure sobbing "go away!" I heard Wandas voice as her powers push is back a bit "we don't want to harm you, we're here to help" Kate says walking closer "I don't need help" her voice is broken and shakey, I grab Kates shoulder and pull her back "she doesn't know you so she won't trust you, I'll talk to her, keep your distance just in case" I say hearing faint sobs behind me "OK" i lift my mask over my mouth and peck her lips before pulling it back over my face, I turn around and slowly make my way over to wanda "wands it's me, you OK?" I hear her stop crying and slowly but cautiously turn around "p-pete?" she says fully looking at me "last time I checked yeah" I say getting a light chuckle from her "I missed you" she says standing up and facing me "you too, Kate you can come out now" Kate comes closer as she puts her bow and arrow away "hi" I remove my mask since no one was near us "what happened?" I say attaching a Web to the ceiling and hanging from it upside down "you know how I left 3 years ago, I lived in a town called westview for a bit since visions death, but I got so emotional I lost control and created my own reality which was based in Old sitcoms, after I learnt to accept his death I came back to New York to reconnect with you guys but some military men found me and hunted me down since I accidentally kidnapped a whole town when I created my sitcom reality, so their hunting me down, I escaped into the sewers to erase any past and present records against me so I could come back to you guys without a party of cops with me" I chuckle grimly before taking her by the arm and guide her back out the sewers.

*KATES POV*

We exit the sewers and take a breath since they smelled gross, Pete quickly called Tony so he could get over here and fix the security system, we start swinging (in Wandas case floating) back to the compound. After arriving wanda quickly goes to find the nearest area to sleep in as I drop my weight onto the sofa with a slightly exaggerated sigh as I kick my boots off, I lay my head backwards until feeling petes arm brush against mine, I snuggle into his side with my head on his shoulder as we watch whatever show was on the TV.

Thanks to LCorbett04 for the idea to bring wanda into the story, I'll probably upload the next chapter on the weekend
BYE!