Chapter 26- Eris

I jolt in suprise as I crash into someone in front of me, yelping as I hit the ground of the public library and I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment as many heads turn to see the sudden commotion before I'm yanked up, "Woah

I jolt in suprise as I crash into someone in front of me, yelping as I hit the ground of the public library and I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment as many heads turn to see the sudden commotion before I'm yanked up, "Woah." I mumble, dizzy for a moment.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" A soft feminine voice asks.

I tilt my head back, my eyes meeting familiar dark eyes. "I'm okay." I breathe, taking in her attractive features. "Hey, I know you." Frowning at how tall she is. Shit. I hated being small sometimes, she was at least 5'10 or 5'11.

Her perfect brows furrow, "You know me?" And I finally notice the scar on her eye, it wasn't too dark but it wasn't completely light neither. She stares into my eyes and I shiver, she was kind of intimidating in a way that had my heart racing. She reminded me of Loki in so many ways, it was scary.

"You're Astraea." I murmur, licking my lips nervously and she must see how anxious I am because she offers a small smile, nodding despite how tense she is. "You're Loki's best friend."

Her smile slips and I watch as her eyes flicker with a hint of protectiveness, "How do you know Loki?"

"I...uh..." I stutter, "I'm his girlfriend."

Her shoulders relax, "Lucky him." She murmurs, laughing as I blush at the compliment. Her eyes flicker over my face before analyzing the library and fixing the hoodie on her head. "Is he with you? The library is usually his favorite place to be."

I shake my head, "He's at home but he's been trying to contact you. Is everything okay?"

Astraeas eyes flicker over the library again, "Mhm." She hums, licking her lips, "I'm kind of hiding right now." She admits, a small smirk playing on her lips.

Concern slithers through my veins, "Hiding? Hiding from who?"

"My foster brother. I hate him." She shrugs but I can see the way her eyes darken.

I let out a soft breath, "Do...you want to come home with me, I've been staying with Loki?" I ask, suddenly feeling protective of her. She looked exhausted, and she kept looking over her shoulders as if she was getting ready for someone to come out and attack her.

Her eyes soften but a playful smile spreads on her face, "If I go home with you, Loki won't have a girlfriend anymore." She murmurs and I feel my cheeks burn. Again. She was intense as shit and it reminded me of the first time I met Loki.

"Aren't you like sixteen?" I roll my eyes.

Astraea shrugs, "That's never been a problem for me." She tells me and I believe her.

"Well, can you at least walk me home?" I ask, trying to buy more time for her. "It's getting late and I don't want to walk alone." It was kind of true, the thought of my uncle suddenly following me made my stomach hurt.