February 21, 2011: Monday

A/N: Thanks for the support everyone <3

February 21, 2011: Monday

11:12 AM

Dear Paper,

I don’t have to go to school today. They already think I’m weird enough. So I’m going to stay in this hospital bed until I get to go home this afternoon with my momma.

Hospital food is gross. I’m not eating it. I’ll just tell them my tummy is in pain and that way I won’t have to eat. Plus, they’ll give me some of those sweet painkillers that make me feel all numb and tingly.

I had another vision. It was about a girl named Jackie who had a crush on a boy named Tom. Well, over the years, the crush turned into love, and when Jackie finally got the guts to tell Tom, he completely rejected her love.

Heartbroken and devastated, Jackie completely changed who she was. She disguised herself as boy, renamed herself Fernando, and moved to Mexico, where she met an oncoming sailor.

Yes, Fernando was secretly a girl, but didn’t tell the sailor because it’d be weird, right? And the sailor loved Fernando more than he would have loved Jackie. So she had to change to be loved. I would have done the same, I guess.

I miss my diary. Even though, we’ve only been apart for a few days, it feels like she’s become my friend too. I think I’ll name her Diana when I go back home. And she can call me Fernando.

That way, she’ll love me more.

Love, Fernando