- Chapter 14 -

Over the next few days, Y/N began to carry out the rest of her plan. Soon everyone was completed and she entered Zhongli's office.

'Y/N. I have the reports. I know... who one of the traitors are.'

'Who?'

'It's... it's better if I show you. I'm... pretty sure it's correct.'

...

'What... why? No. He was a bit suspicious but... he wouldn't do that - '

'I'm afraid it's true.'

'No. No, that's wrong. I don't know anymore.'

'I'm sorry.'

It was there, it was written clearly. Even she refused to believe it.

♥︎          ~                ♥︎                ~             ♥︎           ~            ♥︎             ~               ♥︎         ~           ♥︎              ~           ♥︎   

Y/N watched him more often than she did. She was frustrated. She wanted to confront him, but that would make things even worse. She had known, hadn't she? She had doubted him. But now the truth was actually revealed, she felt worse than ever.

Her plan had been simple. Get fake copies of the USB she had. Zhongli had told her the peacock design was unique, so people had no trouble recognising it. Then, ask everyone to get the fake copies from Zhongli at different times and make sure they didn't realise what was happening. Then, Zhongli would do the rest on taking notes of the people Y/N had asked to do the favour.

This should have made things clear, but now, re-calling what Zhongli had said, Y/N just couldn't believe it. Zhongli had written down his name.

'Xiao.'

Xiao. Why? Why was he doing this? It had been obvious. The lyre. Why he had it. Everything. Was he the one who killed... no. That couldn't be it. But, all this didn't seem possible.

Zhongli still had to figure out who the next person was. If it was possible at all. But, why had Xiao agreed to any of that? Was there a reason at all or did he just...

'Y/N? Can I talk to you real quick?'

 It had been several days since Zhongli had told her about Xiao, and he was still working on figuring out who the other person was. 

Y/N turned around in glanced at who it was.

'Xiao? Uh... '

'It's important.'

'I don't - '

'Come.'

'...Fine.'

Y/N got up and followed Xiao to a quiet area of the school. Lunchtime hadn't started too long ago, so they had plenty of time.

'So?' Y/N looked at Xiao expectantly.

'You know... don't you?'

'What are you - '

'Don't lie. You know about... the thing.'

'...Yeah, I do. Why. Why did you decide to do that? Xiao, I - '

'I... have an explanation. With evidence. I'll show you that first. Come with me.' Xiao indicated Y/N to follow him. He pointed to a small closet near the art rooms. It usually stored sculpting equipment.

'What - '

Wordlessly, Xiao quietly opened the closet and shoved Y/N inside. He closed the door and soon they were both enclosed in the tight space.

'Xiao what the fu - '

He simply covered Y/N's mouth with his hand then sighed.

'Shut up. Wait.' His hand slid into his pocket as he brought out a small container. Xiao slowly opened it and a weird smell filled the small space.

'What is that?' Y/N whispered, annoyed.

'Don't scream.'

Xiao showed Y/N the item in his pocket.

The girl froze in shock, pressing herself back against the wall. 

It was a single eyeball, with several veins still attached to it. The iris was still and unmoving, and the sclera was pale and almost muddy-looking.

'What the fuck. Why do you have that? Put it away - '

'It's an eyeball.' Xiao tucked the closed container in his pocket.

'I know that, you idiot. But why the actual fuck do you have - '

'It's Venti's eyeball.'

'Okay, what the actual fu - '

'Shut up and let me explain.'

'Let's get out of her first.'

Y/N began pushing the door open when she suddenly heard a voice coming from the corridor. Xiao immediately dragged her back and pressed a hand over her mouth again. She was pressed uncomfortably against his chest and Y/N began to struggle out of his grasp.

He's strong - 

'What are you two doing in here?'

The door had swung open to reveal Y/N pushed against Xiao, whose hand was around her mouth. It was definitely an... unusual pose. 

Beidou sighed.

'If you're gonna make out, don't do it in the school closets. Now please leave.' 

Y/N and Xiao carefully came out of the closet and Beidou shut the door.

'You're lucky I'm not Jean or something. She would kill you guys for making out in there. Anyways, bye then.' Beidou absentmindedly waved them away.

Xiao rolled his eyes. 'Tell her we weren't making out. Or rumours are going to spread and I'll kill you,' Xiao hissed under his breath.

'Sorry for making out in the closet! Xiao was just really horny, so - ' Y/N started shouting back to Beidou. Students turned their hands in shock to stare at the pair while Beidou just laughed.

'Y/N, I swear to God, I will murder you.'