Getting Food

Veronica pulls Joey into a neat little Chinese place. A little old lady is sitting behind the counter.

"Yuka!" Veronica exclaims. "You still aren't dead?" Yuka shakes her head with a little smile.

"You crazy demon," Yuka murmurs. "You order or leave," she demands playfully.

"Just give me sesame chicken," Veronica turns to Joey. "What are you getting?"

"I'll have General Tso's Chicken," Joey says politely.

Yuka nods then shuffles off to the back.

"I take it you've been here before." Joey says.

"I was friends with her grandma before the whole demon thing." She shrugs.

"How long have you been a demon?"
Joey asks curiously.

She immediately shuts down and doesn't answer. "Lets not dwell on that,"

Yuka returns holding a bag with their food in it. Joey pays and takes the food from her.

"Thank you," he nods to her. Yuka returns the nod then she smiles ruefully at Veronica.

"I know a great place to eat, follow me." Veronica gestures for Joey to follow, but she stops dead in her tracks. "Yuka," she growls.

Yuka chuckles behind us. She walks slowly around the counter. She crouches down and Joey can hear some of her joints pop.

She lifts the corner of the rug Veronica is standing on. Yuka scratches a line in the outer edge of the red circle that lays beneath.

"Very funny," Veronica sneers at Yuka. Yuka just smiles and goes back to her place behind the counter. "You think you're funny, but you're really not." Veronica points an accusing finger at Yuka.

"You do it every time," Yuka chuckles.

"Come on Joey," Veronica rolls her eyes and pulls Joey out of the place. She leads him down the street.