Beach Day

Three weeks later and he is completely healed. The doctors are baffled at his healing rate. The only thing proving he was in the accident is the scar on his right arm from surgery.

Joey, Lucifer, and Veronica are lounging around Joey's apartment.

"Hey I was thinking we could go bun-jee jumping!" Lucifer suggests.

"No!" Veronica exclaims glaring at him.

"I think it sounds fun," Joey pipes.

"You are not doing anything!" Veronica smacks his arm.

"I was just stating my opinion," Joey defends.

"You are no longer allowed to have opinions, and he," she points to lucifer. "Is no longer allowed to suggest activities."

"Fine, but what do you want to do? It really boring just sitting around not doing anything productive." Joey has been doing too much of sitting around lately.

"We could go to the beach!" Veronica exclaims.

"Sounds great! I've always wanted to go to the beach," Joey sighs.

"Okay gear up! We'll meet back here in five." Veronica leaves and soon after so does Lucifer. Joey goes to his room and changes into his swimming trunks. They're dark blue with lighter blue palm trees lining the bottom. He slides on a t-shirt and some sandals.

He walks into the living room just as Lucifer arrives. He's wearing black swimming trunks with orange flames.

"To the beach!" Lucifer exclaims.

"Hold on, we have to wait for Veronica." Joey says.

"I'm here." Veronica appears. She has on a red beach dress. "Lets go." She grabs Lucifer and Joey and they teleport.

They appear behind a building, their feet sinking in the soft sand.

"Welcome to Pensacola beach." Veronica entwines her fingers with Joey's.

"Florida?" Joey asks. Veronica nods.

"Time for you to enjoy your first day at the beach." They move from behind the building. Everywhere there are people lounging in the white sand.

Veronica strolls right over to an empty spot. She pulls a blanket from the beach bag she is holding and she lays it out on the ground. She pulls her dress off and reveals and matching red bikini that accents her body perfectly. It also shows off her pitchfork bellybutton ring.

"Is that new?" Joey snickers.

"I'm glad you noticed." She slips him a wink.

"Okay guys, are we gonna enjoy the water or what?" Lucifer rolls his eyes.

"Race you to the water!" Veronica shrieks and takes off running. Joey flings off his sandals and rips off his shirt and he races after her.

He gains ground. She looks back and squeals when she sees how close Joey is. Her feet hit the water just as he grabs her around the waist. He lifts her up and twirls her around. She screams with laughter. He sets her gently on the ground and she turns toward him.

"I don't know why, but you make me so human." She murmurs and kisses him.

"Should I be sorry?" Joey asks.

"No, I kinda like it." She hugs him and lays her head on his chest.

"Guys! Water!" Lucifer calls and splashes them. Hand in hand they walk further into the water.

They swim around for hours. The sun beats down on them. The finally leave the water, Joey is the only one who is exhausted. He plops down onto the blanket and take a deep breath.

"You okay?" Veronica lays beside him.

"Who knew the beach could be so tiring." Joey sighs.

"But it's beautiful isn't it?" Veronica scans the horizon. The sun is setting, leaving the sky a pink color.

"It's hard to tell," Joey stares at her openly. "You're stealing all the beauty."

She looks at him. "You're always saying sweet things like that."

"It's because I love you," Joey caresses her face.

"Gross," Lucifer groans. "You guys need to cool it with the couple stuff."

"If you don't like it leave." Joey smirks.

"No I'm here so I'm going to enjoy the beach. You two leave." Lucifer flicks hi fingers at them.

"That can be arranged," Veronica grabs Joey. They appear in Joey's bedroom, on his bed.