C12: Sweet as sugar

C12: Sweet as sugar

The blue dragon roared in endless grief.

"If you can't let me die, then just bring Sen back to my side!"

.

.

A drop of tear rolled down Idris' cheek and landed on the corner of Ijekiel's eye.

Startled, the youth pulled back to look at his face, only to grow worry when he saw Idris silently crying.

"Idris, did I embrace you too tight? Have I—" but Ijekiel was cut off when Idris hugged him all of a sudden and buried his face on the crook of his neck. The bewildered Ijekiel grew flustered, not knowing what to do in this situation.

He never once imagined he would witness Idris, of all people, shed tears. Not knowing with grieves him twisted a knot inside Ijekiel's heart as he held the magician close to him.

Amidst it all, he was unaware that Idris was not shedding tears of sadness but tears of joy.

.

.

Once upon a time, there was a land fraught with eternal winter. That place became the inspiration of the last guardian to make Idris.

So cold like ice, beautiful like the winter sea, and as soothing as falling snow.

He was an existence that was born to be contradicting; an existence that was filled with both hate and love.

But it all changed when Sen came to his life.

Sen was an existence born to accompany Idris Drayce yet fate was cruel and separated them for hundreds of years.

However, Idris— who had slept for a long, long time after Sen died— found out that the guardians fulfilled his wish. He thought they wouldn't do it; believing that they would renegade on their promise. After waiting for aeons, he discovered that his wish came true.

They really did bring back Sen to him.

Although he thought that Ijekiel's appearance was only a coincidence with Sen's human transformation, the fact that Ijekiel managed to summon him meant one thing; he was Sen himself.

It dawned on him that the Ijekiel of today looked about the same age as Sen's human form.

Was that why the summoning circle didn't activate this past few years?

If it had only activated earlier, he wouldn't have felt so desolated whenever he reminisces the memories he had with Sen.

All that waiting, all those years of living alone was worth it.

If the guardians fulfilled his wish to die, he wouldn't have managed to meet Sen's reincarnation.

After crying for quite a while, Ijekiel grew concerned. He held Idris by the shoulders and gently put some distance between them so that he could see the magician's face. His eyes were swollen from crying, nose red and cheeks flushed.

He's beautiful. Flustered, Ijekiel told himself that this wasn't the right time to admire Idris' beauty.

"Idris, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Did I somehow hurt you when I hugged you?" A barrage of questions came out of Ijekiel's mouth and his comically frantic look made the corner of Idris' lips quirk. The magician had long stopped crying but that warm feeling spreading across his chest had been far too comfortable.

He didn't want to leave Ijekiel's embrace.

"This one is fine," the smile that formed on his face stunned Ijekiel. "What did you ask this one earlier?"