C21: every part of me craves you

"Idris," the youth's voice shook. "Have you been there all this time..? Have you been suffering all on your own? I-" Ijekiel bit his lip, drawing blood. He raised Idris' hand as he leaned down to rest his forehead on the back of this frail hand he held.

"I'm sorry," the apology came out quiet; so soft that no one but him could hear them. "I should have found you earlier. I should have saved you sooner. This time... this time I would not leave your side, no matter what happens. I will spend all my time with you, not letting you out of my sight as much as possible.

"Almost losing you... being apart from you... this is the last. Like you have protected me, I will protect you as well. I will love you and treasure you so please get well soon. I will be here by your side, waiting for your eyes to open." Gentle light filtered in through the window and caressed the couple, giving them an ethereal glow.

Ijekiel then kissed the back of Idris' hand, his lips lingering for a while.

"I will never leave you like I have done thousands of years ago, Idris."

It was enough to be separated once for many, many years.

Ijekiel refused to let it happen twice.

.

.

The air around Aeternitas turned heavy.

"... Lucas must have returned." It was the only explanation that could explain why Idris disappeared from this room. "I didn't expect for him to track Idris down despite the measures I've taken. How... vexing." Fingers ran through his black hair, a few strands falling down and framed his cheeks.

He wanted Idris to suffer for a bit more but who knew that Lucas would return this early?

It grated on his nerves.

Meanwhile, Anastacius hadn't been as talkative as he usually was. He was busy being haunted by his own guilt.

.

.

At Ruby Palace inside Idris' room was Ijekiel looking after the unconscious guardian.

Ever since they saved Idris from that cave yesterday, he never once opened his eyes. An imperial physician had already taken a look at him but even he could not discern what was wrong with Idris. Not even when Lucas, this great magician, could tell what was wrong.

He wondered... just what did Idris go through all this time?

How much did he suffer?

How frightening it must have been to be locked up in a place with no light. Away from the outside world, from the nature that loved him and one that he protected ever since he was born. To be disconnected from life and to be swallowed by darkness... in such a gloomy and despairing place; how did Idris bear with them?

Idris, who had always been in the light, surrounded by life and the songs of nature, was stripped away from that kind of life. Ijekiel recalled that despite how many times Idris expressed his dislike for humans, fondness often laced his voice.

It would become soft, filled with a gentleness that Idris himself didn't know.

Idris, who was born to love and hate the world, couldn't bring himself to loathe humans no matter how much he was tempted to.

How could someone like him endure such torture?

How could someone be so cruel and make Idris suffer?

In his mind, Ijekiel believed that Idris didn't deserve such treatment. After all, many, many years ago, Idris had already gone through unforgettable torment. As he closed his eyes, holding Idris' slender hand, he remembered the conversations he would have with his lover while appreciating nature's beauty.