PT. 2

6:00pm
I didn't move at all after my conversation with Zaniyah. I went back to my thoughts and closed my eyes for a little bit. After some time I heard knocking at my apartment door.

A normal person would get up and go answer their door but me, I just continued to lay their because it could be Zaniyah and because she's my day 1, she has her own key to my place. I heard the door open followed by footsteps heading towards my bedroom door.

"Merc I'm here"

I knew that was Zani by the voice and by the nickname. No one calls me Merc except for her. Zani opened the door and just stood their starting at me. I noticed that she was holding a Walgreens bag in her left.

She threw the bag at me and I caught it. I looked up at her with a confused expression written across my face.

"What the hell did you get"

"Why don't you take a look"

By the tone of her voice I could tell she was upset and I knew why. She had every right to be mad at me even though it wasn't her situation. We always talked about our future together since we were 10 and getting pregnant at this day and age wasn't in the plan.

I looked at the bag and opened it. There were two clear blue pregnancy tests, two bottles of water and the purple bag of skittles. I looked over at Zani who was already looking at me.

"I'm not taking these if I already know"

"Just do it"

"But I already know"

"JUST FUCKING TAKE IT" she shouted

"Fine but I'm only taking 1" I said as I grabbed one out of the box and walked towards my bathroom. I turned the light on, closed the door and sat on the toilet. I took the test, placed it on a paper towel on my bathroom counter and covered it with another one, washed my hands and walked back towards my bed.

Zani was sitting there eating some of the skittles. I sat down next to her and took a deep breath. She gave me a handful of the blue skittles because she knew those where my favorite. We sat there in silence just eating the skittles.

About 5 minutes has passed so I suggested we go look at the test. Both of us got up and made our way to the bathroom. We both looked at each other then back at the test. I removed the paper towel on top of it and the results weren't surprising.

Positive

I already told her I was so why didn't she believe me. I guess she wanted to see for herself. I walked back to my bed and sat down. I put my knees up to my chest and took a deep breath. A couple of tears left my eyes even though I already knew what the results would be.

I guess it was the fact that my best friend was here with me. I know she would be there to support me every step of the way but it's the fact that the she's here and the dad isn't.

Melo and I were inseparable. I thought he was the one, my soulmate. I thought we were ready for whatever hit us. But I guess I was wrong. It was a little over 3 weeks after Melo got drafted that I noticed a change in our relationship.

It's like we didn't have time for each other anymore. He was always busy but I knew that was gonna happen because he's now in the NBA. I guess that's why our relationship ended. I guess that's what really pushed us apart.

During my thoughts Zani had walked out of the bathroom and sat next to me. She pulled me closer to her and just hugged me. Rocking us back and forth she wiped the tears off my face.

"It's going to be fine Meme"

"How the hell am I going to tell him"

"Just tell him how you told me. It's not like your seeing him in person"

She was right. Telling him over text would take more pressure off of me. I would mostly likely choke on my words if I looked directly at him.

I pulled away from the hug and grabbed my phone. I went through my phone until I found his contact. I clicked it and started typing.

Text Messages

Meme ♾❤️‍🔥
Hey 👋🏾

Melo 🚀🖤
The fuck you want

Meme ♾❤️‍🔥
We have to talk

Melo 🚀🖤
Well make that shit quick I'm busy

Meme ♾❤️‍🔥
Alright I'll make it quick
I'm pregnant..

Melo 🚀🖤
So what the fuck that gotta do with me 🤔

A/N 🦋💙
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Chapter 3 coming as fast as it can. Stay tuned