PT. 6

The next day
Location: Mercury's apartment
5:39pm

I grabbed my phone of my bed and looked at myself in my full body mirror. I took a couple pictures before I walked out my door.

Melo wanted me to ride with him and I wasn't complaining because I didn't feel like driving since my belly has gotten bigger

I walked outside to the parking garage. I saw Melo in his Rolls Royce parked right next to my car.

I opened the door and hopped in. Melo was busy looking down at his phone. I noticed he was texting someone. For some reason I had a feeling he was texting Ana.

"You ready to go" Melo asked turning his phone off and sitting it in his lap

"Yup" I said buckling my seatbelt

Melo pulled out of the spot and started driving.

The car ride was quite for a while because I don't think either of us knew what to say which was weird because when we were together we wouldn't shut up. It lowkey made me miss the bond we once had which was something I never thought I would say because I never thought we would see each other again.

For weeks after we broke up I wanted nothing to do with him but here I am pregnant with his baby, missing what we used to have.

"So what's your new girlfriend like" I asked breaking the silence

"You mean Ana, she aight"

No nigga some other girl. Yes Ana the fuck. I said to myself

"Are you with anybody" he asked

"Nope it's just me, myself and I"

"Oh cool" he mumbled but I could still make it out

The rest of the car ride was completely silent aside from the music playing that I picked out since coming he gave me the aux.

Melo pulled into a valet parking area. Before I could move to open the door he opened it for me. He handed his keys to the valet worker.

As we start getting closer to the door of the restaurant it started looking familiar.

We walked into the restaurant. The first thing I noticed was the huge bright chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings, the white marble flooring and the long glass walls.

Instead of walking to the reception desk he walked to the elevator so I followed him. Obviously.

The elevator door opened revealing a table with candles on it. It was also surrounded by rose gold rose petals and pink balloons.