PT. 4

The next day

5:00pm

I was in my car on the way to Melo's to talk about what we're going to do about my pregnancy. You know for this to me the reason why Melo and I are seeing each other since we broke up had me anxious.

- 25 minutes later -

I pulled into the parking garage of his apartment complex. I then took the elevator up and his walked up to his door. I knocked a couple of times before the door opened. Melo had to be on the game in his room because a girl that was a lot smaller than me opened the door. I would say she was 5'7 and because I'm 6'0" that was really small to me.

She had black hair, makeup on, a black long sleeve crop top that was see through, blue jeans with red and black designs on them, animal print type sneakers and an animal print Christian Dior hand bag.

"Who are you" she asked

"Mercury, Melo knows I was coming over"

"Oh"her face changed into a shocked expression then went back to normal almost instantly

She opened the door fully and moved out of great way allowing me access to walk in.

I walked in and observed the place. It looked exactly the same since the last time I was there except for a few new objects here and there.

"Melo's in his room" she said, closing the door then walking to the living room

I walked to his room and knocked on his door a couple of times like I did the first time

"It's unlocked Ana" he yelled from inside the room

"I'm not Ana" I said opening the door

He turned in his chair towards me then turned right back to the game. I shrugged it off and just closed the door then sat on his bed. He didn't pay attention to the fact that I'm here in his room and it was starting to piss me off cause then I came here for nothing.

I got up off the bed and walked over to his ps5 and unplugged it. He immediately turned around and stood up.

"Bro what the fuck is your problem Mercury" he said in an aggravated tone

"I didn't drive 25 minutes all the way over here just to watch you fucking play"

"So then what do you want to do" he said waking over to his bed

"What do u mean" I looked at him with a confused expression

"Are we keeping it or.."

"I don't know that's why I wanted to talk" I said sitting next to him

"Do you want to keep it"

"I'm not sure honestly"

"What do u mean"

"I mean you and I haven't been on the best of terms lately and I don't wanna a bring a beautiful life into this world if we barely communicate"

"So what your telling me is you wanna get an abortion"

I guess Melo because I don't think we're in the right mindset for a child" I said bringing my knees to my chest

"So do you want me to go with you when you get it"

"It's all up to you. If you don't wanna go you don't have to but if you wanna go you can. Do you wanna go"

"I'm not sure I'll let you know when I decide"

"Kk that's fine by me" I said slightly smiling

Time skip by 2 weeks

January 26th, 2021

I was waiting in the parking lot waiting for Melo to show up for our appointment. He had texted me yesterday that he would come with me. I honestly don't know what made him change his mind but I'm glad he did so I'm not alone.

My appointment was at 3:30 and it was currently 3:14.

I was about to walk inside until I saw a black Rolls Royce pull up into the parking lot. I could tell it was Melo by the loud music that was playing.

He parked right next to me then hopped out.

He was wearing a black Puma hoodie, black sweatpants and Nike slides.

"Nigga it's almost time what took so long"

"Practice ran a little longer than usual"

"I was starting to think you weren't going to show up"

We walked inside the abortion clinic and went over to the front desk. The AC was blasting and all around you could see pictures of families and babies which literally didn't make sense because it's an abortion center.

I noticed a few people sitting waiting for their appointments too.

"Hello how may I help you" the receptionist said

"Hi I have an appointment at 3:30"

"Ok sweetie and what is your name"

"Mercury King"

"Ok follow me" she said getting up from her seat

We walked down a hall for a bit then turned to a little room

"The doctor will be here in just a moment"

She grabbed a hospital gown from a cabinet and handed it to me

"Also you need to change into this" she said before walking out

"Melo either turn around or get out"

"Now Mercury I've seen you naked multiple times" he sucked his teeth

"Boy I don't care just pick an option and do it"

"Mane whatever" he said walking out the door

I changed into the little gown. After I did I piled all my clothes together and put them in a bag on the counter. I opened the door and called Melo to come back. I sat down on the hospital bed and Melo sat in the chair next to me. We just waited for the doctor.

"Hello Ms. King I'm Dr. Perez" the doctor said walking in

"Hello" I waved

"Your here for the Vaccum aspiration method right" she asked

"Yes ma'am"

"Alright so first I'm going check up on the baby then we can start" she walking over to the ultrasound machine.

She pulled up the gown showing my bare belly. My bump had grown over these last two weeks. It was now visible but it was still pretty small. I noticed Melo now looking at my belly.

She put some type of clear gel on my stomach then placed a wand on it and started moving it around.

I looked over at the sonogram and I could see the baby. I starred at the screen for some time before I felt a lump in my throat followed my little tears. The lump was somehow slowing the tears. My heart felt like it was aching.

Hearing that heartbeat only made things worse. I felt a couple tear drops falling down my face and I could tell Melo and Dr. Lopez noticed because there were now looking at me.

A/N 🦋💙
Sorry about these chapters taking so long. They are getting pretty long and then I have to pause and do whatever. I promise the next chapter is coming. Bye 👋🏾