CHAPTER 3: WHEN HE ASKED ME OUT

Jude's POV

My junior and senior high school life has seemed to be at snail's pace. The more you want it to end, the more it takes a bunch of time to wait. However, I couldn't be more grateful when I woke up this morning because this day just means the official end of our first semester and at the same time, the start of the second term. It also means that I am closer to end this miserable chapter here in this school and plan to start my college degree in the other university, specifically my dream school Bohol Wisdom.

I can't wait for no more bullying. I can't wait to have my own will and freedom. I can't wait to openly express myself. I can't wait to start my degree in a prestigious school not to brag that like me excel and competition is under pressure. I can't wait to be surrounded with educated people and discuss something relevant. I can't wait to maybe gain some friends and start to go out of my shell. I can't wait not to see Sky Granger anymore, a person that I hate the most who never contributed good things in my life, but rather inflicting too much pain and negativity in all aspects of my whole being. Most of all, I can't wait to live by my own, become independent and explore my own capabilities. I can't wait to live away from home, though I don't consider it as my home, it's just a house with some unloving family.

Only a little time left to endure and everything will be over Jude.

I said to myself and continue walking in the lobby of the school only to see numerous of students gathered, dying to see what's on the bulletin board. I tried to keep my head down while hands gripping tightly on the straps of my back pack while heading towards them, wanting to know what the announcement is as well, though I already have an idea.

I halted on my track when I saw Jasper emerging from the crowd of students. His eyes directly landed on mine when he came out and I released a sheepish smile when I met his dark eyes with flecks of gold. He strides toward me while his hands shoved in his pants pockets, looking so damn handsome. His hair was neatly cut in a modern pompadour and he looks really good on his uniform that has no crumpled part of the fabric. He's Jasper Granger, very neat to look at, tidy and always fresh. I can even smell his sweat wafted on the air that stinks in my nose like perfume.

He stared at me and I swore that I could feel my cheeks burning red. What does this man do to me? Why is he affecting me this much?

I almost fainted when a smile crept on his lips. Damn!

I noticed some of the students' eyes gazed upon us, throwing glares and casual stares. Jasper is one of the famous students in the school. As much as I don't want to share him to anyone, many of the girls, bisexuals and gays are drooling over him and I don't like the attention he's getting. I want him to be mine, all mine.

"Hi, Jasper," I greeted him first, shyly.

"Hi, Jude," he politely responded. Jasper Granger is the complete opposite of his older brother. While Jasper is an excellent, polite, hardworking and a very outstanding student, the other Granger is terribly opposite. Sky is unsatisfactory, horribly rude, tyrant, dependent when it comes to school works, lazy and a very very bad boy. There is no tiny good thing that you can ever describe in the name of Sky. That's why I fell in love with Jasper because he exactly defines my ideal boyfriend that I really wanted to be with, he possesses the qualities that I wanted in a man. "Congrats for being top one again,"

He said that made my eyes widened in surprise. "What?!"

He let out a snicker that made me stare in awe. "Don't act surprised Jude, you know I can never beat you, just like everybody else's,"

I blinked my eyes trying to grasp the sudden information before quickly heading toward the bulletin board and inserted myself into the crowd. I ducked my head down and tried to avoid meeting the eyes of people so they won't see me, or else they will curse the hell out of me.