CHAPTER 13: COMPANION

Jude's POV

"It's okay," I told myself as I faced my reflection on the mirror and then exited the bathroom. It's lunch time and this just means that I'm going to sit with Jasper. I entered the cafeteria with head's down and only brought my face up to spot Jasper on his usual place. Well, he's with someone. A girl. It made me slightly jealous, but then I remember Jasper's gender orientation. I feel like I have less rivals now when it comes on winning Jasper.

Passing the group of jocks, bullies and what they called bitches, I held my breath so they might not notice me. However, it did not function.

Calling names here and there. I usually just ignore them. I was used to it. But sometimes, I asked myself, when will these people grow up?

"Hey!" Jasper noticed me and waved his hand for me to come over. People's gazes started to trail more toward my direction and I doubled my pace.

I was about nearer when someone tripped me and I stumbled on the floor. Laughter began to emerge and fill the cafeteria. I quickly stood up and headed to where Jasper was.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, worry is visible on his face.

"Yeah, I was just out of balance. I fell," I lied. He seemed oblivious that someone tripped me. The girl on the other hand was busy on her phone, not minding what's going on around.

"...Come, sit down," Jasper offered the seat next to him.

"Thanks, Jasper." I muttered. I roamed my eyes around to see students staring and I was hesitant to sit down. The girl looked at me from her phone, then she put it on her lap and released a small smile at me.

"Ah, this is Czyra by the way. Our classmate in Practical Research, remember?" Jasper broke the moment of silence as he introduced the girl I was referring earlier.

"Oh, hi," I released a little smile.

"Hi," she replied. "I'm sorry, I didn't know your name, but I saw you in class," I said with honesty.

"It's okay, but to formally introduce myself, I am Czyra Cubal for your additional information, nineteen and of course I know you, Jude Finn," Jasper and her laughed. I smiled and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Oh, I think I've read your name before. Oh! I remember it! You're the third honors of the batch right?" I guessed as I recalled the day when it was the releasing date of the list of honors of the batch last semester.

"Yeah, right..." she answered with a smug sneer.

"Sorry to unrecognize you,"

"Nah, that's fine. I'm your secret fan by the way," she said.

"Really?!" I was surprised and unconvinced. Like, who will idolize someone like me?

"Yeah, both you and Jasper,"

"But why me? I mean, I'm not really handsome like Jasper. I don't even have skills and talents," I admitted.

"Don't say that dude. You have qualities that people admire about, and you don't even know that because you're too humble," Jasper said. His words sent warmth in my heart.

"Yeah, agree! I idolize you because you're too smart idiot!" Czyra joked that made us laugh, Jasper's the loudest. "You're too smart that even our majors made you feel boring and then you just sleep. Done!" she drew a check mark using her hand and flipped her slightly curly hair. That got us laugh harder and also because of her gestures and expression. I just felt like I always laugh lately and just being myself. This is the effect of Jasper being around me. He made me feel comfortable and be myself. I even talk a lot which I didn't usually do.