CHAPTER 37: LOVING DANGEROUSLY

Kevin's POV

Ears are ringing. Everything I passed by seemed to turn into slow motion. Everything feels like a blur. Noises and chatters around the locker area seemed to be silent. Heartbeats seemed to be loud.

"Kevin!" I jolted in fear when someone called out my name loudly. I caught my breath, my inhalation seemed to prolong. Everything suddenly returned back into a snap.

I anxiously looked at my back only to see James, with a confident big smile and a big gap between his teeth. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath and firmly held the lock of my locker.

"Are you okay dude?" He asked, eying me head to toe. He's one of the junior dealers of our group. "You seemed obnoxious...and you're sweating. Damn, are you okay?"

I sworn mentally when my hands were shaking as I coded my locker's password. "Chillax, it's just me,"

"Shut the fuck up, James." I growled in anger and threw my bag into my locker. "What the hell do you need?" I asked and slammed my locker hard, irritation shot up instantly in my head.

"You know what I need. I was out of drugs, I need 50 packs." He demanded in almost whisper.

"Can't you fucking understand? Sky stopped the operation for the time being," I said as I walked past him, hoping he'd drop the subject because obviously, I don't want to talk about it, but being the persistent James as he is, he followed.

"For how long? It's been over a month and my clients are lining up. They keep on badgering everywhere," he complained.

"I don't know when," I firmly said and stopped my trance to face him. "Let's wait for Sky to initiate the operation again," I said impatiently, wanting to not talk to anyone right now. I just want to go home and have a clear head, which in my state is impossible.

And thankfully, the bell rings. "Go to class," I ordered while the bell is still ringing for another subject.

"Tsk," His lips turned up slightly into a condescending sneer. "I think the case of Parker won't resurface again. It's been silent for the past weeks and knowing there's no news about Julius too," he implied as soon as the bell stopped. "I think it's already safe to go back,"

"Don't be such a stubborn dick James, and what do you want me to do? Sky has not been responsive lately." I said, lowering my voice as possible and cautiously watching students around passing and rushing by for their classes. "Listen, can you just wait? -and don't act like you're in a high position. As long as Sky did not tell us what to do yet, then we should stand by." I frankly said out of annoyance and was about to leave him, but he said something that made me faltered on my feet.

"You were planning to quit weren't you?" he said, provoking me. "I mean you don't want this anymore, right? You're afraid. I can tell it Kev and you're so obvious...Because once Julius is arrested, you will be caught too."

I quickly turned my back and grabbed him by his shirt as I slammed his back strongly against the wall. He immediately winced in pain. "Shut the fuck up, James. If we get arrested, I'll make sure you will be too. So zip your damn mouth before I put more gap in your teeth." I hissed and left him catching his breath.

Panting for breath, I anxiously held my knuckles. Honestly, I was being anxious these past weeks since Julius ran away and The Parkers investigating the case of their son. As what I have heard, The Parkers are one of the famous lawmakers in town. Although the case has been silent for weeks, we should not be complacent and should play safe because we might wake up one day and we're already in jail. I couldn't imagine living my life behind bars.