CHAPTER 15: WALLPAPER

Jude's POV

Despite of all the wounds; busted lips, broken nose, dried blood and bruised areas of my body, I still managed to endure the pain and unbothered of what I looked like. It's not the first time. Good thing, I am pretty used to this.

Instead, my eyes are glued secretly on his knuckles that were bruised and bleeding. He's very serious navigating the wheel of his chevy truck on our way to his house. His eyes are fixated on the road and his brows are furrowed as he bit the inside of his mouth; trying himself to cool down still. I felt guilty and sorry.

The way he beat those guys just half an hour ago made me feel terrified. He's enraged and full of wrath. Very scary, powerful and intimidating, that's what I can feel about him.

I still couldn't clearly process why he did save me and why he didn't go home and just leave me behind. Did he wait for me?

I blinked and shook my delusions away. I trailed my eyes on his hands; it firmly holds the steering wheel and veins are popping out. His white long sleeve was folded up until his elbows. The fabric has stains of blood same as mine, but I have more. There were tattoos covered on his arms that I was naive about to know what are the meaning behind them. I have heard that tattoos have significant symbolisms and I've also heard that some people got tattoos only for fashion; and maybe that's what Sky did, just to look good. Well for me, it's dirty and he doesn't look pleasing at all. I prefer boys who are neat and clean just like Jasper.

My eyes trained up to his broad shoulder, biceps were prominent leaving no space for the air as it fitted perfectly on the white cotton. His biceps even grow bigger when he firmly holds the steering wheel. I travelled my eyes up until his neck, being amazed with that adams apple way bigger than mine and there were still tattoos peeking through the collar. I wonder if there are still tattoos underneath his clothing.

My eyes went up to his defined jaw, to that beard being shaved but started to grow, to his pointed nose and to his—

Gosh!

Almost screaming, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I caught his eyes meeting mine. I was very quick in removing my gaze at him, mentally scolding myself why I was even looking at him in the first place. This is the first time that I looked at Sky this long. I diverted my eyes on my hands on my lap that were slightly shaking as I stared aimlessly on the small cuts on it.

The rest of the ride was put in an awkward deafening silence. I did not dare to look back at Sky anymore. Instead, I focused my eyes on the scenery we passed by.

We arrived at his home faster than I thought it would be. It's already quite dark; the moon started to illuminate light to its full potential across the city, the sky was painted with black and some white tints under the shadow of the crescent. The time in my watch says it's 6:31 pm.

Not knowing what to do, I dug dirt in my nails as the truck finally put to a halt. It was just so awkward and scary. "What are you still waiting here for? Don't ever think I'll open the door for you," he said and the feeling of humiliation poured all over me. Why is he always like this? What's wrong with this man?

Caught off guard, I left staring at him as he made his way out of the car. I jumped off slightly from my seat when he hardly slammed the door. Palpitating, I hastily exited the car and followed him like a wet puppy.

The cold breeze touches my skin as I brushed my arms using my palms to the opposites. Sky opened the door of their house using a key that was hanging from his pants. Manly scent engulfed my airways when we entered the living room. The house is somewhat old, it was made of wood painted with off-white and some brown bricks piled on the fire walls.