CHAPTER 26: I WISH I HAD NEVER MET YOU

Listen to the attached song When I'm With You by Jack Thweatt while reading this chapter.

Sky's POV

"Fuck..." I cursed under my breath when Kevin's name appeared on my phone. "The hell you're calling me?" I voiced out my frustrations in contempt as I answered.

"What the- can't you remember you wanted to have a meeting? We are all here in the warehouse bro, except you." he reasoned out keeping his anger to himself and I caught myself remembering what I had instructed him, that's when my frustrations heightened more.

"Damn it...I can't go," I massaged my forehead as I reasoned out. "There's a sudden important matter that I need to attend to. Just announce to them to stop our business for the meantime and I'll call a meeting again soon. You handle the rest," I commanded and hang up the call, not leaving him any seconds to respond. Besides, he knows what to do already.

I threw my phone in the passenger seat and messed my hair using both of my hands in worry and frustrations where the hell he is right now.

I couldn't understand myself why am I even looking for that faggot. He's not worth my time.

I leaned my forehead on the steering wheel and cover my hands on my head. I've been searching almost the whole neighborhood and the possible places he would go for three hours already yet he's nowhere to be found. The crowded street is now empty and the surroundings were quite as the cold breeze sniffing through the air.

I couldn't quit looking for him, especially that the dark sky started to pour raindrops that turned into a heavy rain. When I lifted my head and was about to bring the engine back to life, it roared but it slowly died down. I started it again but it still didn't function. I started it again multiple times but it still didn't work and I was getting helpless the moment I had thought that I left my vehicle tools in the house.

Cursing under my breath, I decided to get out of the truck and face for what might be a storm.

The moment I stepped outside, I could already feel the adrenaline inside of me kicking in. My intuition had never failed me and I could feel my heart beats fast. These things are indications that he's just around or near.

Thunder cracked three times in a minute, putting me in much more worry. The temperature today is less than twenty degrees but the cold doesn't affect me even if I could feel my skin thickened. I shield my other arm in front of my face and narrow my view to have a better vision amidst the blowing rain.

The wind blows strongly this time whistling and disturbing the tranquility of the night. I accidentally stepped onto a small rock and it nearly made me out of balance.

You'll surely get a beating from me when I find you. I scolded him internally out of unexplainable worry.

The sound of thunder that currently fights behind the clouds, the rain that creates rhythmic crashing on the Earth's surface, the wind that's wheezing invisibly and the sound of leaves from trees-

My brows furrowed when I heard a cracking sound and when I looked up at the tree hovering above me, it's too late for me to sidestep as the branch of Ipil-ipil tree hit the back of my shoulder. I winced in pain and I could feel the blood gushing out from my flesh. Although I was quick to cover my head using my arms, I could still feel some scratches from the twigs on the side of my face.

Nevertheless, it never bothered me. I've been through a lot of pain and this one is only a bite of an ant. Although the branch is quite big and heavy, I hurled it aside in deep annoyance and continue hauling myself in the middle of this bullshit storm.