CHAPTER 20: UNCERTAINTIES

Jasper's POV

"Saving and we're done!" I cheerfully announced when we finally finished our research paper requirements to be passed this week.

"Working hard to surpass Jude huh?" Czyra joked as she entered her room and brought two medium-sized containers of ice cream. What she said was true, but that was all before.

My brows drew in confusion at the realization, "How did you know?"

She shrugged. "Well, aside from the fact that I am not blind, I also did the same thing as you did Jas. But unlike you, I have to compete against two, you and Jude. But my brain just can't. Argh whatever," she rolled her eyes and handed me the ice cream and the spoon.

"But that was before Czy. I already gave up the moment I had realized I really have no chance to take his place," I admitted.

"Yeah, me too. No one can surpass the gifted Jude Finn." she said as she took a seat across from me. "I like him a lot though. Not the sexual thing, but I admire how he's capable of a lot of things you know and he's so kind," she looked at me while holding the spoon below her chin that was stabbed in the ice cream.

"Hell yeah. He might always belittled himself but he doesn't know that there are a lot of people who are envious about his capacity," I stated a fact.

"Right..." she responded as she spooned an ice cream. "I'm glad we've become friends though. At least I'll graduate to have friends to be called Jas." she said as she crossed her legs and propped her elbow on her lap while looking down at me.

"So you just befriended us so you have friends to be called huh?" I raised a brow.

"Right." she laughed.

"Really?" I asked, about to believe her.

"Why do intelligent people always take jokes seriously?"

"Because intelligent people suck at jokes. It's like true, half-meant or whatever," I waved my spoon at her.

"Of course, I like being friends with you idiots," she rolled her eyes again, which is something she always loves to do.

I release a small laugh. "You know, the same minds go along pretty well together,"

"Pretty well together, plus you and Jude are just so cute and genuine unlike those bitches in school I know," She rolled her eyes and stuffed a spoonful of rocky road in her mouth as I opened my favorite chocolate one too.

"What about you print us two hard copies on our research requirements and then let's binge to some Netflix?" she suggested.

"But Miss Leizel has to check it first," I said and propped my elbow on the couch since I was sitting on the carpeted floor.

"I'm sure there's no error already Jas. Don't worry about the paper and the inks for the printer, I have a lot of those," she bragged, but not the kind of brag that will make you feel down or different. She's just telling the truth. "Come on Jas, print that out so we can watch heartstopper,"

My mouth formed a circle with what she said. "Wait? What? How did you know I like BL?"

"Duh!" she paused and rolled her eyes up again. "As what you have said, the same minds go along pretty well together. I can tell because I'm gay as well. I'm lesbian don't you notice, didn't you?" she said as she creased her brows.

"I did notice you're lesbian but I wasn't sure yet," I reluctantly said. "But how did you know about my gender orientation? So you know all along that I'm gay?" I stupidly asked to confirm.