Lockdown

March 15, 2020

It was officially lockdown in Boston. Covid had been surging and businesses were shutting down left and right. As of now, the Boston Globe would be shut down until at least April, but the CEO told everyone to prepare to work from home until most likely summertime. To Emily and Sue, it was hard to believe that they were living in a time like this—they never thought they'd see the day that a worldwide pandemic was taking over.

Just over a week ago, James called off his and Sue's engagement and Sue hasn't really talked to him much since. She inquired about getting her things and he said she could come by over the weekend to start collecting her things while he's out of town at his parents. Emily was going to go with her and help out. Speaking of the two—Sue has been staying at Emily's apartment since the whole blowout happened. And, well, they've been using all of this extra time together to—shall we say, explore more?

Flackback to a couple of nights prior

Emily was sitting at her desk in her home office trying to catch up on some work she wasn't able to finish earlier in the day. She was incredibly stressed out—all of this covid news has been the main topic of all of her articles and she just couldn't keep up with how many changes kept happening. She sighed as she threw her papers and pen on the desk and leaned back in her chair, stressfully running her hands over her face and then through her hair.

The door creaked open behind her and Emily glanced behind, watching Sue approach her.

"How's it going in here?" Sue asked, walking up to Emily slouching in her chair as she looked down at her from behind. She moved her hands to Emily's cheeks, scratching her nails gently up and down them. "You've been in here for hours, babe. Please come and relax."

Emily hummed, loving the feeling of Sue's touch. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes as she laid back in her chair smiling. She finally sighed, "It's kind of hard to relax when we're in a global pandemic and the big boss has been slamming me with extra work."

Sue leaned down and placed a kiss on Emily's forehead and then on her lips. She stayed there lingering above her lips after she pulled away. They both were staring at each other with their eyes only slightly open. "Maybe I can help you relax." Sue suggested in a whisper.

Emily smirked, looking down at Sue's lips and Sue followed—looking at Emily's. Emily licked her lips and then looked back in her girls eyes. "Yeah? How might you do that, Susie?" Emily asked, her voice low.

"Well..." Sue said, her voice just as low as Emily's. "Do you think a massage would help?" She asked, moving her hands from Emily's cheeks to her shoulders now.

"It'd definitely be a start." Emily teased, relaxing into Sue's touch.

"Yeah?" Sue whispered, moving her lips down to Emily's ear. "A start, huh?" She whispered again as she began rubbing Emily's shoulders, applying pressure in her tender areas.

Emily hummed again, slightly flinching as Sue hit a very tender area.

"You're very tense, baby." Sue said as she continued working at the area on Emily's upper back between her shoulder blades. "Maybe a hot shower will also help?" Sue suggested, raising her eyebrow, and licking her lips as she stared down at Emily.

Emily smirked, "You going to join me in there?" She flirted; her voice hoarse.

Sue spun Emily's desk chair around so she was facing her now. She leaned down, putting her hands on the arms of the chair and now her and Emily were face to face.