Back in the Office

February 3, 2020

The new year had finally settled in and everyone was getting adjusted. It had been an exceptionally busy past couple of weeks for Emily and Sue as more news was coming out about the coronavirus. Emily, in particular, was swamped with work because Sue had been on vacation visiting with James' family in New York over the past two weeks—so Emily has been flying solo temporarily, both writing and editing her work.

Sue was set to come back to the office today and to say Emily was happy to finally be able to see her was an understatement. Two weeks away, to Emily, was way too long to be away from Sue. On top of her being away for so long, they hadn't been intimate at all since New Year's Eve, which honestly—felt way too fucking long, too. Life gets in the way sometimes—Sue having a fiancé gets in the way. Ah yes, Sue was still with James but promised she was going to have a talk with him soon. Emily believed her, but it really was just a matter of when.

The month of distance aside, things were still heating up between the two of them—many, many risky texts. They were all in.

Emily bit her lip as she scrolled through some of their steamy exchanges while Sue was away in New York. She kicked her feet up on her desk and leaned back in her chair—her breath a bit unsteady as she scrolled through.

Sue – 11:45 P.M. (1/23/20)

I miss you.

Emily – 11:49 P.M. (1/23/20)

I miss you more.

Sue – 11:51 P.M. (1/23/20)

What are you doing right now? I'm surprised you're awake.

Emily – 11:52 P.M. (1/23/20)

Actually, I was just lying in bed here—thinking of you.

Sue – 11:53 P.M. (1/23/20)

Funny—I'm doing the same over here... but thinking about you.

Emily – 11:55 P.M. (1/23/20)

Are you with James right now?

Sue – 11:56 P.M. (1/23/20)

He's sleeping next to me.

Emily – 12:00 A.M. (1/24/20)

I wish I was next to you right now.

Sue – 12:02 A.M. (1/24/20)

What would you do if you were?

Emily smirked again as she read this message from Sue. She was initiating the sexting and Emily wasn't going to complain. She continued scrolling, glancing at her office door before looking back down at her phone.

Emily – 12:05 A.M. (1/24/20)

Well first, I'd get on top of you and start kissing your lips while I tangled my fingers in that beautiful hair of yours.

Sue – 12:06 A.M. (1/24/20)

Mhm—and then what?

Emily – 12:10 A.M. (1/24/20)

I'd run my hands down your body as I moved my lips to your neck—devouring you as you tilt your head back in pleasure so I can put my lips on every inch. I'd run my hands up underneath your shirt and feel your soft skin—god, I miss your skin, Susie. I'd kiss my way down until I reached the top of your pants...

Sue 12:12 A.M. (1/24/20)

Mmm. And then?

Emily – 12:15 A.M. (1/24/20)