Ch 9: School of Dance

A few days later...

Y/n POV

After flying on Appa for what felt like an eternity, it was great to find someplace to land. I'm not being dramatic either, Aang and I have been on our feet this whole time creating us a cloud cover so we wouldn't be recognized. 

"I think I see a cave down there," Aang practically yelled. Once we landed, Sokka jumped out of the saddle and scoped out the area. 

"Great job with the cloud camo, but next time let's disguise ourselves as the kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut," he reprimanded Aang, the one who shouted out "land ho". 

"Yeah, we wouldn't want a bird to hear us chatting up there and turn us in," Toph quipped and Sokka scoffed. 

"Hey! We're in enemy territory," he reminded us. Then he pointed up. "Those are enemy birds." His statement lost its potency when one of the birds hopped on his head. I laughed with everyone else and went to take the bird off of his head. 

"If you you were pointing to a hawk, I'd understand. You won't turn us in will you?" I baby talked to the puffin bird and everyone laughed again. 

We moved towards the cave, and Sokka didn't let down his guard for a second. Once we got into the cave, he started his exposition.

"Well this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave, after cave, after cave..." He trailed off when he realized how depressing the current situation was. 

"Sokka, we don't need to become cave people," Katara told him. I nodded.

"What we need is some new clothes," I added. 

"Yeah, blending in is better than hiding out. If we get Fire Nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave," Aang said. Toph reminded us that blending in also meant eating real food and not cavehoppers. Sokka gave in. 

"Let's get some new clothes," he said with a smile. We walked around the island we landed on and found a laundry mat. There were strings of clothes hanging up and no one supervising them. 

"I don't know about this. These clothes belong to somebody," Aang said apprehensively. That didn't stop Katara from calling the silk robe. Damn I gotta be quicker.

"I call the cut-out blouse," I yelled and I hopped over the rocks we were hiding behind and grabbed my outfit off the line. We went back to our cave and changed, and I forgot how comfortable homeland made Fire Nation clothes can be.