Chapter 4

Betty and Jughead went to sit down with Veronica and did introductions. Jughead was still kind of awkward around Veronica so he stayed quiet.

"What the hell got into Archie today?" Veronica had witnessed the fight between Jughead and Archie.

"He was jealous of Jughead. He said that Jughead stole me from him. How was I supposed to know that Archie liked me like that?" Betty really didn't want to rehash the fight but she knew that Veronica would have dragged it out of her if she didn't tell her.

"I don't know, girl. But after what Jughead said to him it looked like Archie felt awful for what he did." Veronica had always had a secret crush on Archie, she hadn't even told Betty about it. But now she didn't know what to think.

"He did, didn't he? Do you think I should talk to him?" Betty didn't know what to do about Archie.

"Not tonight B. Let him cool down. Give him some space for a couple of days and then talk about what happened." Veronica said to Betty trying to comfort her.

"You're right V. I should let him calm down before I try to talk to him." Betty felt a lot better now.

"Well, I should head back to the Pembrook. Homework doesn't do itself. Bye, girl. It was nice meeting you Jughead." Veronica left with a smile.

"I should get home too. My mom's gonna kill me if I'm not home soon." Betty said with a frown. Partially because she didn't want to leave Jughead but also because she knew her mom would beat her if she was home really late.

"So. I'll see you tomorrow then? Or I could call you tonight?" Jughead was really hoping he would be able to call Betty and just talk to her.

"Yeah. Call me tonight." Betty said and snatched Jughead's phone out of his pocket and put her number in. She handed him her phone so he could put his number into her's.

"I promise to call tonight." Jughead said with the biggest grin on his face.

"I can't wait." Betty left with a smile on her face. But she dreaded going home.