Chapter 36

A month later Betty and Jughead finally figured out how to stop Archie from destroying Riverdale. They also figured out how he was planning on it. They looked around the apartment that Archie had bought for himself after his and Veronica's divorce when he wasn't home. They found several tanks of gasoline in his closet. Which caused Betty to freak out because she felt that her nightmare was coming true. She and Jughead knew that Archie was planning on setting fire to the town. They took pictures of these and sent them to Sheriff Lodge as evidence that he was planning on destroying the town by fire.

"Jug. What if my nightmare is starting to come true? The town was on fire in both of my nightmares involving the destruction of the town." Betty asked Jughead.

Jughead said, "This is the only part of your nightmare that would come true if we let Archie get away with it. But we won't. And you will not help him destroy this town. You know how I know Betts? Because of how much you love your friends and family. How much you love me and Collin. You would never let anything bad happen to this town. I know you Betty. It's going to be okay. I promise." He kissed her in reassurance.

"Thank you Juggie. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm sure as hell glad I did it. I love you Jughead." Betty told him.

"I love you too Betty, Jughead said to her. "We should probably get out of here before Archie gets back and pick up Collin on the way home."

"You're right Jug." Betty said.

"I always am." He chuckled.