Chapter 5

Betty got home as quickly as she could. She really didn't want to go through a beating right now. When she pulled up to the house she was grateful that her mom's car wasn't in front of the house. She sighed a breath of relief. She went into her house and went up to her room. She had just changed and gotten started on her homework when suddenly her phone rang. She was so excited to see that it was Jughead and not her mother.

"Hi." Betty giggled.

"Hey. What's going on?" Jughead wanted to make sure she was okay after what happened with Archie.

"Not much. Just working on homework. It's like Veronica said, it doesn't get itself done." Betty was so happy.

Jughead chuckled.

"Are you sure your okay after what happened with Archie?" Jughead noticed the tone of concern in his voice.

Betty noticed it too.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I'm just concerned about you. I mean you're the one that got punched in the eye and got beat by Archie." Betty was really concerned about Jughead. He had gotten really hurt.

"Hey. I'm going to be fine. I promise Bets." Jughead was so relieved that Betty was okay.

"Did you really mean it when you said that Archie had hurt me more than he hurt you and that he doesn't deserve me?" Betty had never had anyone stand up for her like that. She just wanted to make sure it wasn't too good to be true.

"I meant every word of it. I... I love you Betty Cooper." Jughead couldn't help himself.

"Jughead Jones. I love you." Betty was so happy that she started crying tears of joy.

"Are you okay?" Jughead could hear Betty crying.

"I'm just so happy." Betty said with the biggest smile on her face.

"Do you think you can come over Bets?" Jughead really just wanted to hold her like he had at Pop's.

"I think my mom would kill me if I wasn't home when she gets home and found out I was in the Southside of town." Betty stared down at her bed.

"But you said my living on the Southside wasn't a deal breaker." Jughead was worried about his Juliet.

"It isn't for me. But my mom has a crazy personal vendetta against the Southside." Betty was on the verge of tears.

"Oh. You just don't want to anger your mom?" Jughead inquired.

"Yeah. Believe me I would come over if I could. But I can't." Betty had the full water works going now. She was so upset.

"Hey. Bets. It's okay. We'll just see each other at school. Okay?" Jughead tried to comfort her.

"Okay." Betty said through shuddering breaths.

"That's it just breathe." Jughead really wanted to help Betty.

"Thank you Juggy." Betty could breathe normally again and calmed down.

"That's what I'm here for." Jughead said in a soothing voice.

"I gotta go. I need to get my homework done." Betty didn't want to hang up but she knew if she didn't get this homework done and turned in on time at 100% she would suffer her mother's wrath.

"Okay. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Jughead didn't want her to hang up and didn't want to hang up himself. But he knew that she had to get her homework done.

"See you tomorrow. Good night." Betty said with a small smile.

"Good night Bets." Jughead said grinning from ear to ear.