Chapter 19

"Shall we dance?" Prince Ivan stood in front of me then while I drank champagne off to the side of the dance floor.

I nodded as I set my drink down on a tray when a waiter had passed by.

Gently, Prince Ivan took my hand and led us to the middle of the dance floor.

Before we began to dance, Prince Ivan bowed deeply. Quickly, I curtsied and before I knew it I was whisked into a dance with Prince Ivan.

"I'm glad that we get to finally dance," Prince Ivan whispered into my ear after twirling me out into a spin.

"Mm," I nodded in agreement. I was glad too.

At first I thought that I would never get a chance to dance with him. Considering how so much women had wanted to dance with him, just alone.

Prince Ivan twirled me out into a spin again when sudden pain shot through my chest. Close to my heart.

Caught off guard by the sudden chest pain, I stopped the dance.

Prince Ivan looked irritated yet concerned all at the same time.

"Are you okay?" Prince Ivan cautiously took hold of my arms, to keep me steady on my feet.

I momentarily closed my eyes.

"Kathleen," He gently shook my shoulders, his voice frantic.

Two hours earlier...

Prince Ivan and I stood in front of Nobel Michel's Castle.

It had been a few weeks since Prince Ivan had released me from his close watch.

During the few weeks that I had been under his close watch, my health hadn't changed by the slightest.

Meaning, my heart murmur didn't act up after the Ball, which was a relief.

However, that only made me think-- and Doctor Alina-- that it just had been the corset all along for that night.

I think Prince Ivan wanted to believe otherwise though. Somehow, I knew that he didn't believe that the corset could cause me to faint, but I wasn't about to tell him about my heart murmur.

Doctor Alina doesn't even want him to know.

He would just worry, and he didn't need the worry. Not now, at least. Since he's been so busy with work and such.

Tonight would be fun, though.

I hadn't been in Nobel Michel since I had left for Sanct Sybil. The warm evening air felt nice against my skin.

Also, it would be nice to see the other Crown Princes. I also had not seen them since the Ball.

"If you don't feel good during the party, tell me okay?" Prince Ivan whispered as we stood in front of the limousine as a few of the paparazzi took photos of us.

The flash of their camera's blinded me with a couple of white spots.

"I will," I promised as I whispered back.