Chapter 26

The next day, I couldn't help but remember what had happened last night.

When Prince Ivan had kissed me on my forehead before wishing me a good night.

My cheeks burned as that replayed in my head.

As I got out of bed, pain shot through the left side of my ribs— which brought back to what happened at the Ball in Nobel Michel. When the Noblewoman had pushed me so hard that one of my ribs had fractured a little.

I went to the bathroom to fetch a glass of water so that I could take the pain killers that Doctor Alina had given me last night.

Ever since I've been in Sanct Sybil, I haven't caught a break— with my health. Which was getting kind of ridiculous.

After I took the pain killers, I stayed in the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked...different somehow.

Could it be that I was still a tad pale?

I couldn't quite pinpoint the reason why I just looked different somehow.

Almost immediately, my mind went back to what those Noblewomen had said last night.

They're voices echoed in my mind.

"Did you see that commoner with Prince Ivan?"

"I still can't believe that he chose her!"

"Did you see the other Crown Princes fawning over her?"

"They act like she's a Noblewoman!"

I knew the actions behind their words was to just get to me, and they certainly had. Their words got to me, not because of any insecurities that I may have, but about Prince Ivan choosing me to be his future Wife, his future Queen.

Their words got to me because from the moment Prince Ivan had chosen me, I always had a sort of uncertainty in my heart.

Like, why did Prince Ivan choose me?

Am I really good enough? I thought as tears started to well up at the corner of my eyes, as I quickly got ready for the day.

That has always crossed my mind, even so now as my health hasn't been that great as of late.

After I dressed and got ready for the day, I stood by my bedroom window, looking out, as Mikhail entered with my morning tea.

I pushed down all of this uncertainty to the back of my mind as I had my morning tea.

Author's Note:
Okay, I know it's been A WHILE since I've last updated this story and that this is a short chapter, but I do plan on finishing this story, & my other stories as well, very soon.

If you've been here since the beginning, thank you so much for being so patient with me.

I'll see you in the next chapter, and I hope that's very soon!