Chapter 25

We left the Ball early.

"Does your side still hurt?" Prince Ivan asked as we headed home.

"A little, yes," I admitted.

"You should see Doctor Alina once we are back at Sybil Fortress." Prince Ivan said.

I didn't protest. All I did was nod in agreement.

However, I was getting tired of going to see Doctor Alina in the Fortresses infirmary.

When we finally arrived back to Sybil Fortress, Mikhail led me to the infirmary, to get my side checked from Doctor Alina.

She shook her head after Mikhail explained what had happen.

"Women are so cruel sometimes," She said as she helped into a hospital gown, so that she could take an x-ray of my side. "Especially when they are jealous," She added with a scoff.

I didn't say anything as she put something over me, to protect my body from the x-ray machine.

Once she took a few pictures of my side, she helped me back into the dress that I had worn to the Ball.

We sat in front of a computer as she examined my side.

She let out a sigh as she pointed a tiny little fracture in one of my ribs on my left side.

"You have a tiny fracture," She explained. "Hairline fracture, it will heal on its own quickly, but you'll feel some discomfort for about two weeks or so."

"Okay," I said in a quiet voice.

"I can't believe that woman pushed you that hard," Doctor Alina shook her head as she grabbed a bottle of medication from a cabinet. "Pain medication for your fracture in your rib," She added as she handed the bottle to me.

"Thanks," Was all I said before I left the infirmary with the bottle of pain medication.

Lately, I couldn't catch a break— with my health.

I walked to my room alone, but had found Prince Ivan waiting for me in front of my bedrooms door. He was leaning against the wall next to my door.

"Are you okay?" He asked once he saw me.

"I'm okay, but I have a tiny fracture in one of my ribs, where I fell."

Anger stormed his blue eyes.

"What's that?" He looked down at the bottle of pain medicine.

"Pain killers," I explained.

Then out of nowhere, Prince Ivan embraced me into a tight, yet gentle hug.

My eyes widened.

"I was so worried when I saw you get pushed," He murmured in my ear. "I couldn't help but think the worst."

"You didn't have to worry so much," I muttered back, barely a whisper. "I'm not that fragile."

Prince Ivan looked into my eyes.

"Doesn't matter," He cupped my face in his white gloved hands. "Given the state of your health recently. Anyone could easily worry about you."

My cheeks burned as I stared into his blue eyes.

Before I could blink, Prince Ivan very boldly kissed my forehead.

"Good night, Kathleen," He murmured in a husky voice.

"Good night," I breathed, blinking fast. Flustered.