Chapter 28

Author's Note:

Okay, I finished writing this chapter a couple days ago...and I've been debating whether or not if I should publish this chapter.

I've rewritten this chapter so many times, but I believe this chapter that you're about to read— is the "it" chapter.

This chapter just feels right...you know?

Anyway, here goes!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

Once Kathleen's chapter on her health "ends" (kind of). We can really start to focus on Kathleen & Prince Ivan's romance!

~ ~ ~ ~

After I packed my carry on bag, Mikhail entered the room with an outfit and a warm fur coat.

"Thank you," I smiled faintly as I took the outfit and the warm fur coat.

I numbly changed into the outfit and fur coat that would keep me warm from Sanct Sybil's winter snow.

Mikhail took me to the airport.

Before I left to go to my gate, Mikhail gave me a card with his cell number on it.

"Just in case if you want to come back, Miss Kathleen," He bowed.

I frowned, but took the card anyway. "Is that what Prince Ivan wants?" I asked as I put the card in an outside pocket of my carry on bag.

Mikhail bowed deeply.

The flight back to Nobel Michel had been a difficult flight.

Just when I figured out that I loved Prince Ivan, I pushed him away. And all because of this insecure feeling that I had.

I wiped away the tears as the plane landed in Nobel Michel.

When I made my way to get a taxi ride back to my apartment, there was a town car driver waiting for me with my name on a sign.

Do whatever you want, Prince Ivan's words echoed in my head as I reluctantly made my way to the driver. And to think, I wasted my time on you.

Prince Ivan said that and yet he had a town car waiting for me once I arrived back in Nobel Michel.

~ ~ ~ ~

Going back to the life before I was chosen to be Prince Ivan's future wife— it wasn't difficult, but it did feel weird.

I gave myself a day before I called Yosef to let him know that I would be going back to work, at Patisserie Green.

Yosef asked me why I was back "so soon", and I couldn't tell Yosef the truth.

So all I said was, "It just didn't work out," and left it at that.

"Well, I'm glad that you're finally back," He said out of politeness.

"Same here," I replied back before ending the conversation.

That, of course, was a complete lie.

~ ~ ~ ~

Going back to being a Pastry Chef in training, it hadn't felt any different. Especially when I had been still practicing back in Sanct Sybil.

But I could tell, in my work, that my heart just wasn't there.

Somehow, leaving Sanct Sybil, I definitely had left a part of me there.

~ ~ ~ ~

It had been almost two weeks since coming back to Nobel Michel.

Since going back to my old life.