38 | The Mile High Club

DAY 139

DAY 139

Honey Daniels had never ventured to California before.

And if someone had told her that she would be on her way to a vacation in Malibu on a private jet with Steve Rogers, well, she would've never believed it.

But here she was, perched in the leather seat across from his, watching the way his lips moved as he spoke business with someone that he worked with over the phone - the whole reason he had asked her to accompany him in the first place. His "work" needed him in Los Angeles for the weekend, for which she had decided she didn't need to know, only that she couldn't pass up some bikini time and a fancy hotel with the incredibly handsome man in front of her.

Those blue eyes eventually drifted up her exposed legs, all the way to her ruffled dress before connecting with her dark ones as he continued to talk on the phone. There was a flicker of something in his eyes, something playful.

Squirming underneath his penetrating stare, Honey took her bottom lip between her teeth. It was maddening how one look from this man could make her core tingle with excitement. 

She wanted to see him squirm.

Trying not to get too distracted by the way his beard deliciously complimented his full lips and chiseled jawline, Honey let her hands fall into her lap, letting out a dramatic sigh that she knew he could hear as she took one finger and innocently drug the hem of her dress up her tanned thigh. It was like Christmas morning - observing the way his jaw clenched as he zoned in on every movement her hand made against her body.

"We'll be landing at LAX this afternoon," he mumbled to whoever was on the other end of his phone, swallowing the thick lump in his throat as his blue eyes fixated on her thighs. "I have some things to attend to tonight, but we can pick up tomorrow morning."

Honey continued pulling up the ends of her dress, uncrossing her legs nonchalantly as she let them relax, undeniably exposing the soft pink panties she had put on this morning before they left her apartment. 

Her heart raced as Steve cleared his throat, repositioning himself in his seat as his eyes narrowed up at her brown ones, his head cocking sideways almost as if he was warning her.

"Mhm, yeah," his words were short and concise now. "We'll talk tomorrow."

Throwing his phone down in the seat next to him, his head snapped back up to look at her.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Nothing," she replied coolly, crossing her legs once more as she gave him chaste shrug.