18. The Journey Continues

Previously.....

We are on the way to meet the esteemed and renowned Healer to help with the baby. On the way we have plan and plot on how to get to talk to the Healer and have many heart to heart conversations. Yes, that's all we do nowadays, apart from making baby comfortable of course.

I tell A-Yang about what happened in my life till now, everything included. Like he would leave me without me telling him everything. I tell you he is scary when he is determined. Anyways one of our many heart-to-hearts resulted in me telling him my worries and him helping me through it, for A-Shuang. That is my daughter's name. And he telling me the source of knot in his heart and me comforting him. Its an amazing feeling of getting accepted for who you are and accepting someone just the way they are. We rested with the burden on our hearts a little bit lighter that afternoon.

--------

When we were only a day's journey away from reaching our destination, we decided to splurge on comfort a bit as it had been a long time we slept on a comfy bed. We had enough money to go by from earnings from helping locals every now and then. We took a room to have a full day of rest.

A-Yang told me he had some errands to run and will be back by the evening, and will also bring the food with him. So I set in the room for a day full of rest. The room was spacious with a large bed, table for dining, area for washing and changing and the best part a wide window with a seat attached to enjoy the breeze and scenery. It faced the nearby mountains. It was beautiful, and peaceful. I went to the seat and relaxed with one hand behind my head and other loosely over my tiny bump.

It was a weird feeling. Of pause. Of stillness. Of peace.

For as long as I remember I have been on the move, with my parents we were wanderers, with the Jiangs striving to be the best so as to protect them, with the war be constantly on the lookout for survival, with the burial mounds the beginning trying utmost just to stay alive and have revenge, with war aftermath it was the expectations and trying to hide from it with all my secrets, with the Burial mounds returns it came back to survival and protection again with my new family, even after resurrection it was just the same. 

I jump as I hear a sound of someone entering the room and relax when I see its just A-Yang. I startle to realise that sun has long set and it has gotten chilly. I rub my arms to get some warmth back and move to the table for dining.

As I settle down I ask, "So A-Yang how was your trip?"

"It was good Ying-ge, most satisfactory."

"That is great. Freshen up, lets have dinner."

"Yes Ying-ge", he replied and went to freshen up and change into comfier clothing. which is basically just removing the stiff outer clothing and wearing a softer one we picked up on our journey.

Meanwhile I set up the table and serve for both of us.

"Come A-Yang. Dinner is getting cold" I call out to him wondering what is taking so long for him.

"Yes Ying-ge, just a moment."

When he came back he looked nervous and suspicious. I don't say anything immediately, opting to finish dinner first before going into any talks. I have realized that they work best on a full stomach.

After we finish dinner, we move to the window seat with tea in hand. Finally, I turn to him and ask "Say it. What is it that is getting you so anxious. You are practically bouncing"

He rolled his eyes at me. "Oh Come on I am not bouncing. I never bounce. Bouncing is for kids. I am not a kid. Kid is in fact in  you"

"Ha ha ha. Funny. Don't try and change the topic. Tell me what is it"