weeks have passed

A few weeks went by, then turned to months in the hospital. Quackity was discharged after being declared cancer free, George got a service dog so he was allowed to leave.  Dream and Niki were both discharged on the same day and went home to probably do the same things they were doing in the hospital but with less medical bills. Ranboo had improved his memory and was deemed stable enough to live in the outside world so he was discharged too.

Phil and Jordan talked about the fact that they both only had half of their patients now. It was weird and Phil missed them, but in some selfish way, he was glad he still had Tommy, Techno and Wilbur.

Rooms moved around so everyone could be closer together and all on one side. In room 301 is Tommy so he could be close to the elevator. In room 302-303 is Wilbur and Techno's room so they could be close together and near Tommy. In room 304 is Bad and room 305 is Skeppy. Room 306 became Karl's room and 307 was Sapnap's. 308 became Eret's room and room 309-310 became Tubbo and Purpled's room because Tubbo stopped sleeping due to not having someone in the same room as him.

The staff tried their best to keep things the same, they continued games everyday and on Tuesdays everyone got to go to the common room and choose an activity. A few rules were set to keep patients safe and awake during the games, the rules had become much simpler with only half as many people to worry about.

Over time some patients were feeling much better but some were getting worse. Phil and Jordan had made a deal that while they had to take care of their five patients each, if a patient needed to be monitored then the other would see all the patients that weren't seen yet. Phil started driving himself to work due to the inconsistent hours. Phil had made it to the hospital and started his check ups.

"Good morning Tubbo."

"Hello Philza."

"How are you feeling?"

"Sleepy." Phil laughed, Tubbo was probably doing the best out of everyone so he never really bothered to talk about being sick.

"I mean with the whole diabetes thing?"

"I don't eat much sugar, unless you allow it. There is nothing that can be bad." Something about all of the patients at the hospital was that no matter their age, they will be mature about their illness, so even though Tubbo was 9, he understood what he could and couldn't eat.

"Well ok, I'll see you later. Bye Tubbo."

"Bye bye Philza."

"BYE PHIL!"

"Goodbye Grey." and Phil walked out and into Eret's room.

"Morning Phil."

"Good morning Eret, how are you feeling today?"

"Pretty good, I stopped getting dizzy for the most part so it's really fine now." Eret was fairly far in getting better also but every now and then she got horribly dizzy, but they started medication for it that was working.

"You have your 6 month MRI in two weeks and if it comes back ok, we can talk about you leaving." While Tubbo was probably doing even better than Eret, Phil thought it best that Eret should either leave first or leave with Tubbo to set an example.

"I hate MRIs."

"I'd be worried if you liked them mate, now go down for breakfast, I'll see you later."

"Ok, bye Phil."

"Bye, love the new dress by the way." 2/5ths done already. Phil passed Karl in the hall while walking to Techno and Wilbur's room.

"Good morning mate. Did you get breakfast?"

"Hi, and yeah, they made waffles today."

"Sounds amazing. Jordan is running a bit late so your check up may be later than usual."

"Oh, ok. Thanks Phil." Karl gave Phil a hug and went into his room. Once Phil made it to his destination he sighed.

"Guys please don't kill each other with stuffed animals."

"Sorry dadza, you're right." And Techno grabbed Wilbur's guitar and held it like a baseball bat. Phil grabbed the guitar and set it down then picked up Techno and put him in his bed. Wilbur took this as an opportunity to breathe and calm his heart down. Phil noticed Wil doing his breathing so to give him more time he started the check up with Techno.

"How are you doing mate?"

"Ok." Techno had gotten really good at reading and his handwriting was somewhat legible but his mental health had slowly gotten worse. While he still fought with his hospital family he didn't really talk unless he was alone with one person or he was reading out loud. He became distant with Wilbur and Tommy but Phil knew he was just preparing for the worst.

"Can you read for me?" Techno nodded and grabbed a book. It was a poem book, most of the poems were sad but beautiful.

"And his eyes sparkle

And her laugh makes me wish I could smile

And I do not love in a romantic way but I do love you as my life line

I wish to receive another art piece he made, the one that he was oh so proud of

And I wish to call her again to laugh about everything

And I wish to fix your world

While you give me a bandage and say to do it myself."

"I wonder who that was written about." Phil said.

"Someone who is sad." Techno said in a quiet voice.

"Why just sad?" Phil questioned.

"Because it's written in the past tense, they wish for everything to go back but instead are told to deal with the problem by themself."

"Why would they even bother with that much, they said they were 'fixing that person's world'. If the person doesn't care why would they go through the trouble?" Techno crumbled up the paper at Wil's words. In all reality it was something that Techno had handwritten before he was in the hospital, it wasn't in the book but he wanted to share it.

"I think that's enough reading for today. Thank you Techno, you always pick very good poems to read." Phil tried to calm the thick tension in the air the best he could.

"Wilbur, how are you?"

"Sick." Phil sighed knowing that today he was just being difficult.

"Ok, how does your chest feel?"

"Same as always."

"Ok, I'm going to come back when you want help. You're sick, we know but that isn't what I asked." Phil walked out after ruffling the boy's hair to let them know he wasn't upset. Phil walked into Tommy's room.

"Hey kiddo, how are you?" Tommy had lost feeling up his entire body up until his neck, it would be soon that he wouldn't be able to talk.

"Everything feels fuzzy, I don't like it." Tommy cried, he had cried so much in the past few weeks but Phil just sat there and comforted him. Phil rubbed Tommy's head as he cried and held him close.

"Oh Tom's, I'm sorry." Jordan texted Phil saying he had arrived and could take any patients if Phil needed it. Phil asked him to check up with Wilbur and he agreed. Hours passed with Tommy laying on top of Phil while Phil ran his hand through Tommy's hair.

Phil knew Tommy needed someone to be with him so he texted Kristin telling her that he was going to stay at the hospital for the night with Tommy. It has become something that happened about once a week and it never bothered Kristin as she saw him as her kid too.

Phil held Tommy close and he heard the door open. Wilbur and Techno walked in and layed down with them. Wilbur apologized to Phil and they all went to bed.