Foolish (a continuation of headcannons)

Foolish (to be honest I didn't know what to do for him so this is completely projection based off a problem I have)

Foolish was admitted to philza's level for a week at first, he was meant to be watched over as he went through testing for whatever was causing him to be in constant pain and complain about it.

His joints popped loudly with any movement. Especially when he was to make a fist.

All the doctors before were the same,
"I have this problem"
"Ok, tell me if it gets worse"
"It's started to hurt"
"You're lying, you're too young for joint issues"

If Foolish was honest, he was dreading being in the hospital, after enough begging he was finally allotted testing but what would that change. Maybe the doctor would roll their eyes and send him back home.

A knock on the door got him out of his thoughts.

"Hello? Come in."

"Good morning mate, names Philza, I'll be your doctor for the next bit. Do you mind sharing a bit about yourself"

"Uh well I'm foolish, I have some joint problems and now I'm here." Phil smiled and opened his folder.

"Testing coming up? This is the first time I've had an undiagnosed patient while working here. Let me try to help with the little bits for now, what's the big issue?"

"Well, my hands hurt really badly, specifically the joints, it hurts in other places too but they don't pop like my hands do. Some days I can't even open caps and stuff because my hand locks and hurts so badly."

"Can you elaborate on the joints popping bit for me?" Foolish nodded and instead of speaking more like Phil expected, he raised his hand up from his sides and made a fist, then he repeatedly made fists.

Every time his knuckles came to a close, they would crack loudly one at a time in a disturbing row. Over and over they never tired, the same noise repeating with each fist.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not really while making the fist, but there's this lingering pain always in there, sitting between my fingers and wrist, and every joint."

"I see. You know, the real problem with treating this is pain medicine, your body gets used to all the medicines with the amount you have to take them but the pain comes back with less of a cure each medicine that stops working."

"Do you think it's chronic?"

"Well personally, I find it to seem like a high possibility. Where else does it hurt often?"

"My wrist, but that's not joint pain, that's one injury never healing properly and just continuing to be at least a little problem."

"At least we know the source of that one, anything else?"

"My knee, it gives out sometimes. Some of the time when it gives out, it feels like my legs turn into jelly and then drop. Other times my leg becomes completely numb and next thing I know there's burning pain and I limp for the next few days."

"Is this exercise induced?"

"Most of the time." Philza wrote everything from the conversation the two had and closed the file, he stretched his arms and finally sat down near Foolish's bed, a contrast to the awkward stand over the file before as he attempted to write in midair.

Foolish smiled and grabbed a book sitting at the side of his bed, as he flipped through seemingly trying to find a page, Phil noticed that all the pages were filled with luscious drawings of statues and buildings. Finally Foolish stopped at an unfinished drawing of a cabin, snow sat upon the roof and covered a small bridge that stretched over a small pond leading over to someone else's door.

There was a quaint mountain in the back and a small shed right outside. And seemingly in progress was the background. Phil wondered why he waited to do the background, as he usually preferred to work outside inwards, it felt like a strange analogy for whatever the background was meant to be.

"It's a magical forest, that's what will be here. I think you would enjoy this cabin, let's call it yours."

"A fictional house?"

"A beautiful dream...

Or maybe an elegant story."

"I think Techno would like that one, we could live there together." Phil said, pointing at the cabin across the pond from the one he was assigned.

"I hope everyone would enjoy it. I wonder who the forest was made by, I think it resembles freedom."

"Hmm, possibly a goddess, like Artemis or Diameter."

"Or Hades, I think it would be a fun twist for him to own something so full of life." 

"Full of life... that reminds me of my wife actually."

"Then her, we'll call her the goddess of death."

"I like It, by the way, how do you draw so well for someone who can barely hold stuff half the time?"

"Well it hurts, but I find engraving my dreams to be worth it."

"That does sound worth it, now tell me, where would you live?"

Foolish smiled and flipped backwards in his book. He giddily looked at Phil and simply said, 'well, I happen to have some ideas.'

"Show me your dreams."