chapter 13: "Promotion?"

The day Denki was released, all might fought that AFO dude and retired. Denki was at Jirous house along with mina when it happened. They all saw it on the news and celebrated like everyone else. They were so happy all might won. Jirou's dad was also celebrating and almost broke our ears. He was the best in Denkis opinion. Right behind Aizawa of course. Dadzawa forever.

After about an hour or so, things died down and they all decided to call it a night. They offered denki to stay the night but he politely declined. Said his parents were expecting him when really he thought he should talk to Rick.

As he walked down the street he noticed how everyone wouldn't stop talking about the events that night. Denki saw a T.V in a window, it showed Bakugo, momo, todoroki, izuku, kirishima and Iida. They were getting hammered by the paparazzi but were being helped by the pros. Denki smiled. He was relieved they were ok. He wanted to keep it that way if he could help it.

He continued to walk down the dark streets. It started to rain and denkis smile grew. He loved the rain. He hoped it was going to be a thunderstorm.

Soon enough, he reached the club. He took a breath in the ally before entering with his card. He dropped his bag off at his room and made sure his black hoodie covered his face. He then used the other was to enter the floor and not go through the stage. He kinda wished this place closed at least an hour..

He slipped through the door that led to the stairs. Once he made it to Ricks office door he knocked. Hoping no one was with him right now.

"WHO IS IT!?" Rick yelled aggressively. Oh boy..

"It's me Denki! I wanted to talk to you about something! Something that might affect my work just a tiny bit!" He yelled back.

"Come in pika!" Denki entered the room. There wasn't anyone there but Rick. But something seemed... off... the lights were all out. Denki recognized Ricks frame on the most distant couch. It was away from the window and a shadow casted over his face and head. The windows luxurious curtains were closed. It was definitely hard to see.

"What did you do to your body?" Rick asked. Right, i forgot seeing through clothes was his quirk.

"I got top and bottom surgery." Denki said.

"Weren't you going on a trip?" Rick snarled. He took a sip of something from his wine glass. Denki hesitated. He didn't want him to find out about him being in UA.

"I did. A trip to the hospital. I didn't want to worry people, ya know?" Denki laughed. Rick gave out a low grumble of understanding with a hint of irritation.

"So yeah, i just wanted to let you know about that. I also want to changed my hours.. i want to make it so i come in at 10 pm instead of 7. It'll make things easier for me to keep this a secret." Denki informed.

Rick gave out a breath through his nose and slouched back some more. Silence filled the room. Denki wondered what he was sapost to say or if he was just thinking and to give him a minute. Suddenly Rick sat upwards.

"Actually. I think i got a new job for you. More pay too. It will also keep you out of the eyes of those pros hanging around. So if they do, do a background check on everyone here you won't be checked." Rick said. He slurred a little bit but not much. Denki chose to ignore it.

"Will it help me get a birth certificate?" Denki asked.

"It'll make your connections to the crooks in town grow. Eventually you'll find someone who knows how to do that. The chances of finding it sooner increases with this job." Rick got up and walked over to his desk and sat down. Tripping a couple times. Denki could see his face now. It looked really tired. Was he ok?