7 - Something Returned and Confessed

Arriving at the Dark Pyramid, Leo and the others see Harper fighting a member of Exaton's army. Taking note of Harper's grin, Leo and the others duck down and make their inside. Once they are safely inside, the group of split off from one another and meet up again in the Throne Room.

"What do we do now?" asks Horus.

"Nothing." says Exaton.

Turning, the four males turned to see Exaton and Harper right behind him. The two smiled and rushed to one another. Before anything happened, the two disappeared and the members of the Golden Army decided to leave.

Back on campus, Harper sighed and gathered her things. Leo left to gather his things too and the two met at the doors to the school. While walking to the car, Leo noticed how quiet his cousin was. As the duo sat in the car, Harper started driving and Leo felt as if it was the right time to have a talk with her.

"What did Exaton want you for?" Leo asks.

"...He wanted me to join him." Harper replies.

"Did you agree?" Leo stammered.

"Of course I did." Harper exclaims.

"Why?" Leo questions.

"It was that, or suffer a fate worse than death." Harper replied. "I have already suffered before, so I don't want it to happen again."

Upon seeing the tears, Leo then asked; "What do you mean suffered?"

Lifting up her shirt, Leo saw the scars that littered Harper's torso and placed hands over his mouth. With his eyes wondering up to Harper's, turning away so he didn't distract her from driving.

"How many are there?" Leo asks.

"Something close to 20." Harper replies. "There are about same amount on my other side."

"How long have they been there?" Leo questions.

"Since I was born." Harper answers. "They're the stab wounds I died from when I passed away as Zahra."

"Did it hurt?" Leo asks, curious.

"Yeah, it did." Harper says. "It hurt more than if I were to have been stabbed through the heart."

"Do you know who did that to you?" Leo questions.

"Of course I do." Harper said. "It was Nakt."

Harper pulled into Leo's driveway and the boy gathered his things, Leo waved to Harper as he entered his house.

Arriving home herself, Harper turned the light on as entered the living room and saw Anubi sitting on her couch.

"What are you doing here, Anubi?" Harper questions.

"Already know my name then, huh?" Anubi smirks.

"Of course I do." Harper puts her things away. "You always made sure to pull practical jokes on myself and Ramses. You always made a point to follow us and do so."

"How did you know about that?" Anubi questions. "Only myself, Ramses and-"

"Zahra know." Harper finishes. "I know. I was there."

"You couldn't have known that, unless..." Anubi trails off.

"I was her?" Harper said.

Anubi nods, agreeing and stares at Harper.

"I am her." Harper says, sighing. "At least...I was, before being reborn."

"I-I can't believe it." Anubi stammers. "You're back."

"I'll always come back, surely you know this by know...Anu." Harper smiles.

Sharing a hug, the duo catch up and have a laugh about a few things that happened in the past.